don't you hate

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
when people who have no children feel that they have the right to comment on what you do with your baby? Case in point one of hubby's friends came over tonight and he told us we hold her too much, that we hold her wrong, and that we shouldn't lift her up in the air (which Hannah LOVES). :grr:

i don't think it's about people with no children Vickie but just people ...Hannah is your daughter you are the one who knows her the best :)

i don't think it's about people with no children Vickie but just people ...Hannah is your daughter you are the one who knows her the best :)

that's true my MIL's comments annoy me too :lol:

:hugs: And I know not everyone without children is like that, but Stan has a lot of single male friends who make a lot of comments on marriage and children.......

yeah i know what you mean my friends tend to do that all the time, my son loves being in the air too, its so funny to see how excited he gets, i say just forget about what those people say and just do what you feel is best for your child, i know its hard to keep quiet about their comments though but i always bite my tongue :pop:

I hate it too... even if they have kids they can be a pain!

that is just plain rude. just ignore - easier said than done i know - you know Hannah best, you and stan know what she likes/dislikes and people forget all babies are different.....

:hug:

Christine
X

Thank fully i dont get this but if i did i'd just turn around and say ' what would you know'
I do hate when random people comment to , like say ' she is hungry' and im like i have just fed her she is tried.. ' no she is hungry :shock:'

Annoys the hell out of me! Like they know my baby more then i do!

I agree with miel. Shes your daughter, you know whats best for her...ignore them! Just tut really loud and walk off LOL.

im with miel too. shes ur baby u do what u think is right by her but i have to agree i hate any one telling me what to do.

we were shopping the other day and jack is teething so was eating his hand and this woman decided to follow me and tell me jack was hungry 3 times every time i told hes teething damn people x

Thank fully i dont get this but if i did i'd just turn around and say ' what would you know'
I do hate when random people comment to , like say ' she is hungry' and im like i have just fed her she is tried.. ' no she is hungry :shock:'

Annoys the hell out of me! Like they know my baby more then i do!

ive had that before when someone said hes hungry and i was like hes just been fed!

Stans friend would hate me then, I throw Caitlyn in the air and catch her :rofl:

I do find it so annoying when people assume to what's better for your child than you do! I find it really rude!

yep i'm with miel too, couldn't agree more, :hugs: for you vickie, so bloody annoying, you no hannah best :) alot of james' friends, single i might add, think they no our relationship and our baby better! :grr: and my MIL is the same :grr: x x x

I hate it when anyone does that.

My latest MIL incident was on sunday when she was feeding Chloe for me and decided that the teat was too quick for her and proceeded to try and tip the milk into her own bottle with a newborn teat. I mean, WTF? Chloe does not need a newborn teat, she gets on well with the ones she has. Like after feeding Chloe at least 5 times a day for 14 weeks I don't know which flow teats she likes?

Turns out Chloe wasnt hungry and was just spitting the milk back out!!!!!

I know what you mean about people making comments when the baby is crying. I was walking about town and had just fed and changed Tristan but he was a bit of an unsettled mood - he was tired, we had a friend with a two year old staying who cries a lot at night and she woke Tristan up a lot. Twice someone said to me, 'oh he's hungry' and someone said, 'maybe he is too hot.' I know they were just trying to be helpful but it just made me feel useless as if I didn't know what I was doing. I think when you are an experienced mum, you probably have the confidence to tell them that you know what you are doing but as a new first time mum, you do end up doubting yourself. I wonder if people who make 'useful' comments realise the effect they have on your confidence.

MIL Did that to me too, told me Hannah was hungry because she was crying, she was really just overly tired :D

My mother did this when she was over ALL the time (mind you that even though she has kids,she never even changed a diaper in her life)!

It bugged the crap out of me! And I mostly get this because I'm young and therefor apparently completely clueless :roll:

:hugs:

Thanks everyone :hugs: I feel gripey for feeling that way, but comments really bother me, it's like Poppy said we are new mothers, questioning ourselves anyways to have others question us to...well it really gets me (of course I had A LOT of MIL problems in the beginning and probably still would but well they aren't talking to us right now :rofl:)

i get this ALL day EVERY day, from what Rhiannon is wearing to her toys to her food to how i play with her (too rough aparently!!!!)
i get it from..
my mum
my dad
my sister
my BIL
and i HATE it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads