Dontcha just hate it when....

Helen

ICSI Twins + miracle BFP
Reaction score
... people ask you if they are identical when ones a boy and ones a girl or they look nothing like each other!! :dohh:

A bloke today suggested that I reply that one of them is! :rofl:

Actually I was watching a program on multiples, and it can happen. If the fertilized egg is an XXY and when it splits, on egg can loose the Y becoming a girl.

Haha, stupid people make me laugh, you'd think they'd be able to tell if they were identicle, then they wouldn't have to ask

I had the same stupid questions with my twins . And some even asked if it was 2 boys or 2 girls even though one was dressed in blue and the other always in pink :)

Actually I was watching a program on multiples, and it can happen. If the fertilized egg is an XXY and when it splits, on egg can loose the Y becoming a girl.

Yeah in theory but it's incredibly rare. There is one known case in the world somewhere in the USA, I believe.

I had the same stupid questions with my twins . And some even asked if it was 2 boys or 2 girls even though one was dressed in blue and the other always in pink :)

Oh God yeah! :dohh: :roll:

Yeah in theory but it's incredibly rare. There is one known case in the world somewhere in the USA, I believe.

That is true. But I still think it is incredibly nuts! Plus, could my spelling have been any worse yesterday?

helen, i get asked if my 2 are twins and there are 14 month between them! granted callum is big, but sheesh!!!!

LOL my best friend has a twin brother. She is 5'4 and he is 6'3. And the only similar features they have are their nose and smile. And to this day, people ask if they are identical. I'm like do these people think?

OH! Also, on her bday last year, a couple of us girls were in the car with her, and I said, "I got Auston a bday card too, is he gonna be home?" And another friend replied, "Why, when is his bday??" And we've both known the family since we were all in 6th grade LOL.

I have twin girls aged 4 and a wee boy aged 5, granted there is only 11 1/2 months between them but I'm always being asked 'my god how do you cope with triplets!?' I then have to explain that they aren't! I did even have a time when the girls were babies we were out in town and an old man and woman stopped me to tell me what handsom boys they were (even tho they were in pink and had alice bands on) :dohh: I was gonna correct them, but they were really old so I just said thank you and went on my way! haha

I'm always asked if my daughter and the little boy I look after are twins??? There's 10 months between them and look absolutely nothing alike but people still think they're twins???

not my story, but when i was younger the childminder i went to used to have 2 little boys in a double buggy, 3 months age difference, ish. one slim built, slim face, mousey hair. the other, larger build, bit more puppy fat, completely different face shape, very different hair colour and very different clothes. and she used to get asked if they were twins all the time. *shrug*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->