Doomsday!

LavaPanda

Reaction score
Ooooooooooooh myyyyyyy goooooooood. If I wasn't constipated I'd be litterally shitting myself. For someone who has social phobia and anxiety the next paragraph is pretty much hell wrapped up in a bow!
So, the relationship with my boyfriends mother didn't get off to a great start. She was HORRIBLE to me when I first met her (admittedly I hadn't met her till her son got me pregnant but y'know). She refused to talk directly to me and if she wanted to say anything to me she'd say it through talking to FOB. She'd constantly put me down and even refuses to respond to me when I say hello goodbye etc. She's a very conservative Irish Mother who hates me for defiling her blue eyed boy.
blah blah blah in a nutshell- we're not exactly bum chums!
NOW I am being made to travel 7 hours to Cholchester to meet the REST of his family! His Grandparents are flying in from Ireland for this huge family get together, aunties, uncles, cousins, the works and I am BRICKING IT! I don't even understand his mum who has lived in England for 12 years and her accent has diluted a bit, let alone his HEAVILY accented Grandad (who even Danny doesn't understand) who has had a stroke.
That's 7 hours there in a car with his mum god knows how many hours of extended family hatred and another 7 hours back. I've not even mentioned my poor bladder in this!
I can't even hide I'm pregnant considering I look like a beached whale with extentions.
But any tips, anyone, ANYTHING to help me get through this? Does anyone else have their other half's family hate them?
I want to throw myself off my balcony. o_e

Rant over.

:hugs:
Oh God, not gonna lie, I feel awful for you. My OH's family barely tolerates me now, mostly due to me being pregnant - and we've been together going on three years. I dread going over there, especially when there's extended family. Luckily though, if there's a lot of people, they might not pay much attention to you. The only advice I can really give is to be super, obnoxiously sweet. On the chance OH's mum talked negatively about you (sorta seems like she would, mine did) just give the rest of his family reason to wonder why she'd ever say such rude things when you're such a lovely girl! :haha:

Other than that, drag OH with you everywhere lol. That's what I do and will probably continue to do. I'm sure people will ask you questions about the baby, and if possible, just have your boyfriend answer them for the most part. Answer the ones you understand, make him do the rest! And as for the car ride, just bring a ton of stuff to do - books, headphones and an iPod, puzzle books, anything and everything. Good luck, hopefully it works out for you.

I know how you feel! My advice is to just not speak to her.
Had your oh ever said any thing to her? I'd be really pissed if oh let his family treat me like that! And I'd never go back to their home. Maybe itspride but I don't like being somewhere where I don't feel welcome.

yes my boyfriends mother and father hate me, and i use to try and make them like me but i dont really care anymore. I dont like either of them and I don't really care if they like me or not.
1they tried calling me to tell me to stay away from their son multiple times, (after they found out i was pregnant) i laughed and said f*** off, and then blocked both of their phone numbers.
2his mom said she was going to ruin my life if I didn't get an abortion, that's funny that she thinks she has a say in that.
3 even the boyfriend knows this one (thought he doesn't agree with it, but it's not really his decision) his parents are in no way shape or form going near my child ever. they will never meet their grandchild, unless my baby wants to meet them when he/she is old enough to understand.
But also his mom is psychotic. She's done so many things to hurt my OHs family that she deserves to have her heart broken when she doesn't meet her grandchild. Both of his parents are psychotic and there for my innocent child is not going to be around them.
you shouldn't care if your mother in law likes you or not unless he's a complete mamas boy. but you and him share a special bond and she's jealous of that. you shouldn't go on that trip if you dont want to. She can't make you do anything, and you don't need to get on her good side. that's not your responsibility. your responsibility is to be a good mother to your child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->