Doppler ladies

JumpingIn

Mummy+TTC#2
Reaction score
Mine has come! Whose has arrived?

It took me FOREVER to find baby's heartbeat...the wait was horrible! But I did it! The Sonoline pulled through for me. Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3bc-fZarzY&list=UUFt7YHi40twEqpC4qfsVjZg

:cloud9:

Tips:
Plenty of gel
Stay in the same place for ages. Somewhere between the belly button and the pubic bone. Make small, slow circular movements. Do NOT try moving the doppler all over the place quickly. That's the mistake I was making. Oh, and press down :happydance:

Happy doppling!

Well done Hun! I have the same Doppler as you but think it's pointless using it now :( itching so bad to use it!

Ohh I've been thinking about getting one of these! What one have you got and how much was it? :flower:

It's the Sonoline B pocket fetal doppler. I ordered mine off Amazon with spare jelly for £40

Congratulations :) I've got the Sonoline B as well (also from Amazon) and heard the hb for the first time yesterday at 9w6.

I have one of these in storage from my first pregnancy! I cant wait to get it out and try it again...but way to soon for that! (5w1d)
Congrats on finding it! Its pretty hard at the beginning!

Grr well the thing isn't working any more :( No idea why, but it's become totally unresponsive, only ever showing a blank and not even registering my own heartbeat on my chest. Gutted!

Its been 3 years but I think I remember having that problem with mine once in a while, but it always ended up working again the next time or two that I tried turning it on. I hope thats the case for you!

Hope yours works again soon. That must be awesome hearing the heartbeat at home. I ordered mine a few days ago and won't get it until about the 19th. I didn't realize that it was coming from China! I am in the United States. At least by then I know that I will be able to hear the heartbeat!

I'm shipping it back to Amazon for a replacement. Still no luck. Pah, to be honest it was worth it just to hear it the few times I did!

hlynne, you're 1 day ahead of me! :happydance: Race you to baby.

I'm shipping it back to Amazon for a replacement. Still no luck. Pah, to be honest it was worth it just to hear it the few times I did!

hlynne, you're 1 day ahead of me! :happydance: Race you to baby.

I know, you are one day behind me! I have been keeping an eye on you making sure everything is still going well for you. You still have nausea like me so that's a good thing! Not fun going through it, but I read that it means that there is a lower chance of miscarriage! :happydance:

My gf gave me her sonoline got the hb at 8 weeks :) it's really awesome

Mine is due in the mail tomorrow!! I'm so excited I don't even think I can wait until I'm off work to try it :happydance: I got the sonoline B as well, really hoping it has no problems as I'll probably use it way more than I should!

JumpingIn I hope yours either starts working or that amazon is quick to send a replacement! At least you were able to find a nice strong heartbeat!

Just got mine in the mail today.....new favorite toy! Couldn't find it the first time I tried so I took a break and had some dinner. Tried again and found it within 2 minutes. It went up to 170! :happydance: so over the moon!

I've been so anxious about this pregnancy since I found out I was expecting, I'm 10+1, due to a previous MMC 6 months ago. I keep thinking an at home doppler would help ease my mind until my next visit in three weeks... which feels like an eternity away! I was curious to know thoughts on buying one. I have a few girlfriends that recommended not, in case I was unable to find HB; it may cause me more anxiety! What do you ladies think? Are they okay to use? ... they won't harm baby? THANKS ALL!!

Just got my doppler today. It took forever to find the heartbeat and I did, finally :) so happy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->