doppler question

gillian.s

Reaction score
Hi everyone :) I have been using an angelsounds doppler the last couple of days, haven't found babies heartbeat yet but wasn't really expecting too as is so early. Found mine plenty of times though haha..

Anyway about 2 inches below my belly button and a bit to the left I was getting a weird noise on and off, sounded kind of like fluttering or someone playing a wobble board, definitely isn't a beat because there was no rhythm and it only lasted a couple seconds at a time. just wondering does anyone know what that would be? Only could hear it when standing but not lying down, the only noise I can hear when I lie down is my heartbeat, no other noises (which kind of worries me). Anyway Thanks :D

Your uterus won't be that high up yet so my guess would be intestines.

When I had a scan a couple of weeks ago, she checked my ovaries and said the left one is hard to see because the bowel covers some of it, so chances are it is wind etc and nothing to worry about :)

I would normally say it could be the placenta, but at 9 weeks your uterus is still tucked behind your pubic bone and won't come out until 12 weeks or over. Keep trying though with your doppler, I found this baby's hb the first time of looking at 10+4. Use loads of gel/oil and stay really low, on your pubic bone and below.

thanks yeah had a feeling it was some sort of organ but was just such a strange sound!

At that point, your baby will be alllllllll the way down in your pelvis, as far down as your pelvis goes and - often - under your pelvic bone where you won't hear baby on Doppler. The noise is probably gas, actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->