Doppler

Hopefulk

Dd born 28.11.12
Reaction score
I should be 10+2 today (have another scan tomorrow).

Found doppler from pregnancy with dd and thought I'd use it while hubby was out (he doesn't want me to use it until I'm a bit further along so I don't worry myself). Anyway, the doppler was going from 99-190 and not sticking to any numbers other than my heart rate at about 80-85 for at least five minutes.

Then it sounded as though I could hear something 'behind' my heart rate iykwim. So I pushed around a bit more and got a consistent 170-176 (with the heart symbol flashing in the monitor - hi bebe 200) but only for about 20 seconds.

Do you think that was the fetal heartbeat?

All experience and/or thoughts appreciated. Tia.xxx

Seriously thinking about sneaking upstairs to top floor when he's sleeping later to try again!

I would say yes that it was baby. My daughter's heartbeat at 7w 1d (per scan) was 170, then at 9w 5d was 190. Next one when Doppler was used and what it seemed to hang around was 160-170.

Yes that was baby. Mine tends to fluctuate between 160-180 when I've found baby.

Yes definitely. There's no other beat in the body going at that rate. heh, i was an absolute doppler addict when i was pregnant.

Heard the babies heartbeat for the first time a few of days ago with the Sonaline B doppler. I listen to it everyday. Music to my ears!! The heartbeat ranges from 160-175. Exciting!!

I have a subchronionic hematoma and regularly get sudden heavy bleeds as a result. The hospital said they won't scan me every time I bleed now that they know what's causing it so I decided to buy a Doppler and it arrived yesterday. Listened in a few times already and the heart rate has ranged from 154-171. As others have said I'd agree that was baby :thumbup: exciting!!

Can you guys please post links where you bought your doppler? Was it online? I never heard of this, but it sounds wonderful to be able to do this at home anytime. If I can get a good one on amazon.com that would be even better.

Can you guys please post links where you bought your doppler? Was it online? I never heard of this, but it sounds wonderful to be able to do this at home anytime. If I can get a good one on amazon.com that would be even better.

Clinicalguard.com

Mine is a Sonaline B.

I payed $8 for 2-3 day shipping and got it in 2 days.

Total with shipping was $61.48. Well worth the money!!

Thanks for the link. Did most of you use it at 7weeks? Is it safe to use it that early? I'd like to use it right around the time I get my 7 week scan. There should be a heart beat by then right?

That heartrate definitely sounds like it could be baby :thumbup: I was trying from 8 weeks with my sonoline B (from Amazon) and found hb at 9w6days and it was similar range x

7 weeks might be a little too early. I waited until 11 weeks, but I know that some people have found the heartbeat at 8 weeks.

Thanks for the link. Did most of you use it at 7weeks? Is it safe to use it that early? I'd like to use it right around the time I get my 7 week scan. There should be a heart beat by then right?

Personally I wouldn't try until you are about 10-12 weeks and even then it can be a struggle to find. MW's in the UK won't try and find it before your 16 week appointment as they know it can be tough to find and could cause stress/upset unnecessarily. Both times I've used one has been in the 11th week. Took me about 30 mins the first time which felt like forever but then found it quicker each subsequent time. X

How soon can I use a doppler? I want to order one next week so it would arrive when I'm 9 weeks is that to soon?

I'm in the same boat as lisa2701, hemmoraghe found bled a bunch, got the Doppler for reassurance. It's been a God send, found hb at 8 weeks and have listened everyday since. :)

I got mines on ebay. Was £29.99 and came with a small amount of gel but I did buy more. I love my doppler but i was 11 weeks before i tried to use it and even then it took me half an hour to find the HB. Now that I know roughly where baby is it only takes 5 minutes ish to find him/her.

I just ordered the Sonaline B Pocket fetal doppler from clinicalguard.com. Should be here in a week. I'm excited. It'll be right around my scan time. I decided I have nothing to lose by looking for heartbeat around 7weeks. For those who have the same doppler, do you always use the transmission gel and how much of it do you use?

vs I have that one bought from the same place. One was faulty but they were great at replacing it and super quick, and my new one is perfect.

You always have to use the gel and I tend to use a blob about an inch in diameter and spread it out with the probe. You can buy extra really cheaply on Amazon although the stuff that comes with the doppler is really good.

I first found the hb at 9w0d but I hadn't tried before! Good luck!

I don't buy special gel I just use bio oil and it works a treat! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->