Doppler

Breeelizabeth

Reaction score
Ugh I know it shouldn't bother me, but I purchased a Doppler today, the same kind I used with DD (sonoline c)

I can hear placenta sounds loud and clear but no hb. I tried once with no luck and came back an hour later and still nothing.

Anyone got any tips on how to find it before I freak myself out?

Just got mine yesterday. I did mine with a fuller bladder since I heard that is a good idea.
Someone also suggested watching you tube videos.

I heard the heartbeat on mine around 9 weeks but it can take a while to find! I find it easily every time now. I have the sonoline b. Watch YouTube videos to make sure you are looking in the right spots and go very very slowly!

I always find baby much easier with an emptier bladder and have to make sure I'm not bloated. Have a sugary drink and move around a bit then try again. If you're still worried, phone your midwife xxxxxx

I went off a youtube video which was very helpful

If I find the placenta I then keep the wand in the same place but point towards different directions. I always find my baby that way. You may have anterior placenta so you may even be hearing your baby's hb but it's blending in. That's happens to me and I have to tweak placement until I only hear baby

I have an anterior placenta. At my 12 week appointment, the midwife found baby's heartbeat right away with the doppler. When I went back for my 16 week appointment, it took her a bit (and some digging) to find the heartbeat. I was panicking. She said it was very normal to have trouble in the beginning of the second trimester, because as the baby moves up out of the pelvis, there is more interference from other stuff in the abdomen. At 14 weeks the baby also has a lot of room to move around still, so they can play hide and seek with the doppler a little more at that stage too.

After my experience with the midwife, I decided against getting a doppler. I'm sorry you're stressing a bit. I really do think everything is okay... However, if you don't find it soon, then I would call your provider just to get a little reassurance.

Thanks ladies!

I ended up finding it... Right after hubby and I DTD hehehe! Beating away at 160bpm.

Now RELAX, haha! I sound like a hypocrite now as this pg has sent my anxiety sky-high xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->