Doppler?

Loulou04

Reaction score
Hey ladies, I’d really like to get a Doppler but I’m worried I won’t pick up baby’s heartbeat I’m a plus size lady and feel I’m too big, also how do you know your picking up they baby’s heartbeat and not yours? Any other bigger ladies here that can recommend a type of Doppler? Oh I’m 12 weeks. Tia x

I’m a big girl (size 20) and have a big belly ha. I’ve been using the Doppler since 11 weeks picked it up straight away. You will get yours it is a lot slower. Baby’s will be between 120-170 mine is at 165 at minute at 12+3. Go for it, just press a bit harder that’s what I do ha ha. And by the way it will still be very low down like literally just above the public bone where the vag is. Hope that helps x

Ha ha my daughter is trying to find her baby here but that’s the Doppler I have cheap one off eBay :)

87F1F593-4E6C-4D72-A56F-7D6697BBF025.jpeg

I’m a big girl (size 20) and have a big belly ha. I’ve been using the Doppler since 11 weeks picked it up straight away. You will get yours it is a lot slower. Baby’s will be between 120-170 mine is at 165 at minute at 12+3. Go for it, just press a bit harder that’s what I do ha ha. And by the way it will still be very low down like literally just above the public bone where the vag is. Hope that helps x
Thank you Hun, what Doppler do you use? X

She was a bit peed not to find hers so wondered if it’s best trying her brothers tummy

Aww that’s so cute im plus size too a Doppler will pick up the heartbeat on plus size women too not too worry

I'm a skinny mini but I dont think it matters what size u are a dopper will still be able to pick it up u just may have to press in a little bit harder.
I found my babies HB at 11+5 but I found it so hard to find and there was a few times I cudnt find it and went into panic mode but then after a while of trying I wud find it.
Babies HB is alot faster than ours so u can definitely tell the difference.
If ure checking and ure 13 weeks or under just make sure u aim the thingy toward ure pubic bone kind of just above where ure pubic hair and u shud get it.
I was told that the HB is hard to find b4 14 weeks because babies are so tiny at that stage but I managed to find mine and I have an anterior placenta.
My one I got is a little pink and white one and u can pick up babies HB as early as 8 weeks. But my dopper didn't arrive until I was almost 12 weeks so I dont know what it's like trying to find the HB real early on.
Mine was from Amazon and its brilliant.

Ha ha my daughter is trying to find her baby here but that’s the Doppler I have cheap one off eBay :)

View attachment 1060910

This is the one I have! 12 quid on Ebay hahaha! I started listening to babys heartbeat at 9 weeks or picked it up! I am petite, but i know a few plus sized girls that found it early aswel! I watched a lot of YouTube videos to know what exactly to look out for as there is a million different sounds in there lol

Thank you all my OH doesn’t want to get one as he thinks it will cause more worry etc. I’m still only just over 12 weeks so will wait and try to convince him at a later date x

Make sure you get an actual Doppler and not just a microphone pretending to be a Doppler eg angelsounds, especially if you want to try early on at 12 weeks. I use Dopplers at work and was lucky enough to pick up a used Huntleigh for £30 on eBay........you’ll likely see your midwife and obstetrician use the same type.

Also make sure you know what to listen for......placenta, umbilical cord, foetal heartbeat and your other pulses eg femoral artery all sound slightly different, but only cord and foetal heartbeat tell you that baby is ok. It is tricky at 12 weeks, even for someone who finds tiny pulses as part of their job like me. Several times I couldn’t find it after 20 mins trying and had to come back later on and try again. It is important not to worry about not finding it this early. With a full bladder is best in early pregnancy as it makes your uterus rise out of your pelvis a bit more, the ultrasound can’t hear through bone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->