Dopplers

Mum2BKW

Reaction score
I never had a doppler but have just been offered one from a friend - does anyone here still use theirs? Is there any point having one this far along (34 weeks)?

Well Im only 27 weeks tomorrow but I used mine last week. The baby was moving like crazy and has slowed down, I think due to her getting bigger but there was a period where I didnt feel her since way before I went to bed and shes normally up at 730am like clockwork and I didnt feel her till close to 1pm! So I used the doppler and her heartbeat was strong. I think its just collecting dust but very reassuring when I do need it. I say go for it.

I will be 28 weeks Thursday and still on the odd occasion use mine :) if baby has had a quiet day I will have a quick listen in x

Thanks for the replies! I presume it should be fairly easy to find the heartbeat now baby is so big?

Its easy to find but if baby is being quite a doppler should never be used as medical reassurance. A quick listen to a heartbeat is not a good indicator of babies health.

Thanks for the replies! I presume it should be fairly easy to find the heartbeat now baby is so big?

Now it is especially when the baby is alot bigger. I always find it on the right side. I think shes been head down for two weeks now.:thumbup:

Now that I have regular movement, I don't use mine at all. I didn't really use it after 18 weeks or so.

My Doc still checks every two weeks at my appointments. At the last one, she kept moving away from the wand, and then eventually had enough and kicked it. The Doc said "well, I see we have no movement problems!"

I used mine for the first time in months the other day when I was concerned that she might have flipped into a breech position. I figured if I could find that really loud heartbeat, where I know I'm right on her chest, and it was below my belly button, then she was most likely still head down. But if I found it it the upper half of my belly, then she might have turned. Now that was just my logic, it's very possible that there is no correlation there whatsoever. So take that with a grain of salt. But in my case, I found it on the bottom half of my bump and she's still head down. :)

ETA: I'm curious now. Any breech Mama's out there with a doppler care to test this out?

i still use mine but i have alot of anxiety and need reassurance. i look mostly fir how fast the hb is and if it changes with mvement. im on weekly nsts anyway but they have a hard time since baby is so close to my hb. last week i was on for about an hour and a half because they had trouble and there were no changes in hb so i have been extra nervous.

I used mine for the first time in months the other day when I was concerned that she might have flipped into a breech position. I figured if I could find that really loud heartbeat, where I know I'm right on her chest, and it was below my belly button, then she was most likely still head down. But if I found it it the upper half of my belly, then she might have turned. Now that was just my logic, it's very possible that there is no correlation there whatsoever. So take that with a grain of salt. But in my case, I found it on the bottom half of my bump and she's still head down. :)

ETA: I'm curious now. Any breech Mama's out there with a doppler care to test this out?

My one baby has been breech with his bottom planted on my cervix and heartbeat is just below my belly button.

I don't really use mine anymore. I can feel her moving all the time at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->