Double ovulation? Help!!

CarlyP

Mum of 2 & baking #3
Reaction score
Hello:flower:

I have just started OPK's this cycle and I am still trying to get my head around them, basically this is whats happened;

CD 12-15 Negative (Ovulation pain on both sides)
CD 16 @8pm - slight line (negative) - (Ovulation pain on both sides)
CD 17 @5pm - Dark as the control line (positive) - (Ovulation pain left side)
CD 17 @8.30pm - Dark as the control line (positive) - (O pain left side)
CD 18 @12pm - Slight line, hardly there (negative) - (O pain right side)
CD 18 @8pm - Darker then the control line (positive) - (O pain right side)

So what does this mean, how can I get positive, negative then positive again?

Is it possible that I have released 2 eggs?

x

My guess would be a concentration of urine issue rather than releasing two eggs.

If you did get 2 positive OPKs it may mean that you didn't actually O after the 1st surge so you had a second surge to get the egg out?

What's a concentration of urine?

It is possible it was a 2nd surge, I have only just started getting used to all this, although I did ask my mum and she said she felt ovulation pain on both sides too, she always thought I was a twin, she bled during her pregnancy and I'm left handed (obviously myths) but she is pretty in tune.

I'm confused on my chart too and now it's saying that I O'd the other day and I think it is wrong? What's your opinion?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 7
Concentration of urine is how much liquid you have drunk and how long it's been since you urinated. Less liquid and longer amount of time since last urination will increase the concentration and increase the amount of hormone to show up on the OPK.

Two surges is totally possible with only releasing an egg on the second surge, however, like Charlie said.

Concentration of urine is how much liquid you have drunk and how long it's been since you urinated. Less liquid and longer amount of time since last urination will increase the concentration and increase the amount of hormone to show up on the OPK.

Two surges is totally possible with only releasing an egg on the second surge, however, like Charlie said.

It's not that then as I drink loads therefore more frequent trips to the bathroom:blush:

Guess we will wait and see next cycle and see if it happens again.

Its more likely that the first attempt at ovulation didn't happen and your body had to send out another peak of LH to ovulate. What did your temperatures say?

When I ovulated twice it was 12 hours apart within the same surge and was evident by ovulation pains after the initial temperature rise....and confirmed by 2 sacs on my first scan. (though one sac is empty and has remained so)

I am new to all this so I don't temp (yet) I keep forgetting.

I 100% felt ovulation pain and it will of been within 12 hours, so will see next cycle, we aren't TTC yet we are WTT but I am just trying to keep track of my cycles. I really do need to start temping though!

Its more likely that the first attempt at ovulation didn't happen and your body had to send out another peak of LH to ovulate. What did your temperatures say?

When I ovulated twice it was 12 hours apart within the same surge and was evident by ovulation pains after the initial temperature rise....and confirmed by 2 sacs on my first scan. (though one sac is empty and has remained so)

Mine were like a week apart but I def. had the ovulation pains. I am sure it is what you are saying that I was geared up to but didn't.

Here is my chart.
My Ovulation Chart

Probably it was all just one long LH surge but you just drink a lot on the day of the faint line.. Like I always take mine first thing in the morning so they're consistent (you're not advised to take them first thing but it works for me and means I don't have to withhold fluids...)

Probably it's just that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->