Double pram help?

bumpsmum

Mummy to Matthew & Daniel
Reaction score
Not totally prem related, but going by my history this bubba may be early too, I'm going to need a double pram for Bubba and a toddler but none I've seen look cosey enough for a small baby, would those who had prem twins or a prem baby and toddler combo let me know what prams you had and how comfy, secure etc they were with your lo's. Thanks xx

Side-by-side wasn't an option for us - we have a very very narrow side alley to the house and can't get a pushchair in the front door at all as the hall's so cramped.

We've gone for the Britax B-dual - but added the soft carrycot to the mix (it does do lieing totally flat for a newborn but like you I had one eye on a possible preemie and wouldn't want them strapped flat and not in a carrycot for the first few months). Currently using it in single mode and it's got some flaws - no footrest on the top seat can be a factor with older kids, and the stupid big chunky wide wheels make it irritiating at times - but they all seem to have lots of trade-offs and it was the best one of the bunch I'd seen. I love the fact it's got extra extra long hoods though - for a nosey little so-and-so like my dear daughter it's brilliant to lie her flat, pull the hood right over (she can see the sky then as there's a mesh panel you can open and close in the middle) and she often takes the hint to GO TO FLIPPING SLEEP AND QUIT FLIRTING WITH ALL THE LITTLE OLD LADIES IN TOWN! Can also extend how far up and forward the top seat is to give the child on the bottom a bit more room - but it's like a little den in there so I think with the soft carrycot in it'll be really nice for a newborn when I haven't got the carseat clipped on (that has to go on the top unless you buy adaptors for it).

The bestbuggy site is brilliant in terms of photographs of different ones lined up together, in different modes with different age kids etc. Really really worth going and trying them all out though - they differ so wildly in terms of length and handling and weight (I loved the City Select but it's soooo heavy and more of the weight is over the front wheels so it's harder getting up and down kerbs).

Think the other one to throw into the mix is there's a double Oyster coming out I believe in spring next year that's meant to be very good.

We use the City Mini side by side Baby Jogger. We used a Phil & Teds first and at first it seemed fine. As the first weeks went on we discovered Alex couldnt nap in it as it had no recline in double mode, leaving her with a stiff neck. As soon as that happened, we sold it in a shot. The idea of having the second seta on as Tori grew bothered me too as it also had no recline. great on paper but unpractical in reality.

I was nervous about a side by side when I gave in to one, and when the delivery guy came with the box i really though he was taking the mick, the box looked like a single and i wondered how on earth a double was in there. Indeed it was a double and I was stunned to find it fits through normal standard doorways in my house, including our very narrow front door. I've never had a problem and it went on the bus like a breeze. Folding up is great too. The bonus is that it holds loads of shopiing and you can push one handed when the older one wants to walk

Although its forward facing, the hoods are very long and extend right over so indeed it would be possible to use a carrycot facing you. Tori was a bout 4 weeks when we swapped to it and we never needed a cot, a good cosy footmuff was sufficient.

Its worth going into prams shops and testing them out to see what suits your lifestyle however.

296841_10150290235729318_6677832_n.jpg

Hi we got the same one as AtomicPink and have no complaints. Actually fitted into our boot better than we though as well as folds up pretty well!

Mountain buggy duet. Only 63cm wide and pushes like a dream. Can also get carrycot too.

I got my baby jogger double today and was amazed at the box. Not opened yet but will be using from birth with a bugaboo cacoon for my newborn. I really came on this thread as i KNEW Sandi wouldve replied hehehe x

I'm leaning toward baby jogger so let me know how u get on hopeful. Won't be long til you have a wee bubba to fill it xx

Will def let u know. Just waiting for hubby to get back to assemble x

Omd I LOVE. It was so simple to set up n i could fold it in a second despite a huge preggo bump. Hoods are fantastic. Feels a breeze to steer. Love!

Baby jogger city select is great. I used it for my prem twins ur can be used for one baby and toddler as well. X

we have a baby jogger city select & love it, my two are 15 months apart, the seats are pretty big unlike alot of doubles, my 26 month old still has a couple inches either side of his butt in his seat. you can have it in loads of different seat combinations, my 2 currently face each other so they can chat, it converts from single to double & back again in literally 90 seconds! I love the fact we don't need 2 prams, as it is a single & double in one, so days when my toddler wants to walk we just set pram as a single and away we go!

Thanks wveryone for your input, I seen a lady bump the city jogger double up stairs yest (too far away to offer assistance) and it looks so light and very narrow so shall be keeping my eyes peeled in the jan sales. Thankyou xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->