Double pram question

Mils2012

Reaction score
Hello

Not sure if there is another section for this sort of question but I couldn't find one.

I am after a double buggy for a newborn and toddler.

I looked at phil and teds and they seemed ok...

I then went to an independent baby store and the owner said she will not stock phil and ted due to the difficulties of setting up and folding down.

She said she would always recommend the iCandy. After a demonstration it did seem great.

I just wondered if anyone else had looked at these two prams and what you thought?

I'm not a fan of the one on top of the other so I have a bugaboo donkey and I love it :)

I think it depends on if you will be using it a lot every day and also if its going to be used on public transport. I live the Phil and teds,great for walking lots and super easy to get on and off London busses. I also have no problems folding it down. I got on the bus with the double icandy the other day and I found it a lot heavier and more akward to get on the bus with.

I have a Baby Jogger City Mini Double. I LOVE it. I got mine almost 4 years ago now, but I guess they have a newer, improved version on the market. It's pretty light.. well I can lift it quite easily up into the back of a high jeep!! It's easy to maneuver & easy to collapse it. And fits through most doors. The hood is huge, great for a hot day or small showers as it shelters the kids pretty well. I can't really fault it... it was kind of expensive, and came with no accessories, but I found cute liners and stuff online for very cheap. It's no big deal anyway!
And another bonus - it looks great. I always get compliments, even from random people on the street!

Thank you for all your replies, they've been really helpful.

TBH I haven't looked at the double prams, only the one on top of each other. How easy do you find the doubles when out shopping etc? X

I have a Phil and Teds and it is one of the easiest prams to put up and down (I own 4 prams!!)
Even my mum can do it with her arthritis!!

Sounds like your 'independant stockist' has a deal with certain pram manufacturers

I have just bought a Britax B Dual and I love it :) xxx

I have the city jogger tandem select. I looked at the Icandy but was told its fine when both are small but it wont last the toddler very long x

I have a Phil and Teds. I originally wanted an iCandy but the toddler seats are quite short so weren't any good for us. I have only had to put the p&T down twice, it's stiff but prob because it isn't put down enough.xx

Don't rate the Phil & Teds at all, theres no recline that suits both kiddies, and thats not great for the littlest. And my older one couldnt nap in them comfortable at all, she looked awful :nope:

Im another big fan of the city mini double

Just don't get an iCandy Peach 2, omg they have rushed them out to meet deadlines and they are falling apart, a friend of mine is on her second in less than a month and iCandy are being awful about it!! You'd be better off getting a 2nd hand peach if that's an option.

I don't have the need for one yet but I've had demos of the Bugaboo Donkey... I am in love :cloud9:

Emmy, I just bought blue and pink hoods for my donk, I heart it so much!

Don't rate the Phil & Teds at all, theres no recline that suits both kiddies, and thats not great for the littlest. And my older one couldnt nap in them comfortable at all, she looked awful :nope:

I agree about the Phil and teds if you have a newborn and a toddler under the age of 2.5 as its not that great for sleeping for both. I rarely use both seats anymore as the eldest child I mind is nearly 5,great thing about the Phil and teds is that its really easy to remove the bottom seat and the top one reclines really far back.

I agree about the Phil and teds if you have a newborn and a toddler under the age of 2.5 as its not that great for sleeping for both. I rarely use both seats anymore as the eldest child I mind is nearly 5,great thing about the Phil and teds is that its really easy to remove the bottom seat and the top one reclines really far back.

Its a shame, because as a single it's lovely! As a double its restrictive to what it can do

were getting the mountain buggy duet its a side by side but its so small its amazing i love it , ill have a 13 month and a newborn.

i didnt like tandems as the one at the back is so low down squished in and cant see anything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->