doubts about ttc?

stellababy

Reaction score
i had a rough day yesterday with the kids- tantrums, didn't listen to me, fighting with eachother, the works... the whole situation made me have doubts about ttc again

today was a much better day and the doubts are gone.

anyone here have days like this?

I don't have children yet, but sometimes I see a child having a total meltdown and the parent is exhausted and just watching that I pause. I think, I have a pretty great life right now, do I REALLY want to mess up a good thing? Am I really up for handling that? I think it's normal to have doubts about major life decisions.

I used to but now even through all the fighting I STILL want one more so I know it's time!

I have a one year old (in two days :cry:) who doesn't sleep well and is extremely attached. He is already acting much like a toddler and throws tantrums. I often wonder how I would be able to give him, my DH, the house myself AND a new baby the attention needed (And what if we had another bad sleeper?!?! IDK if i can do that again!) The last year has been the most difficult on mine and my DHs relationship- we are just getting through the storm...can we handle another?

But, then I see a new squish or remember being pregnant and those first moments of life. I see my DS as his soft rolls are starting to thin and become the sturdy legs of a toddler. I watch as he grows leaps and bounds, making new discoveries and being inquisitive about the world. I hear his soft baby breaths as he falls asleep on me night after night and smell that sweet milky scent of his. I feel his hugs get tighter around my neck as he gets bigger and stronger.Watch that beautiful smile of his crack open in a giggle fit. Watch him as he dances to any and every kind of beat he hears and listen as he tries to sing along to our songs. And that's when I remember- all of the sleepless nights, the moments of frustration when he throws a tantrum. The times when I desperately need a mommy time out or have gone a few days without a shower. Those sacrifices pale in comparison to this amazing blessing. I would do it all again in a heartbeat because I know that the next one will only add to my life, not take anything away (alright, maybe a little bit of sanity, but its worth it right?!)

your kids are still so young! maybe wait a little before ttc, fights will only get worse haha
yes, i have those days

yes my kids are very young and i really thought i was done. but for some reason baby fever came back to me about half a year ago... when we have a play date with another kid, i see three kids and wish that was my family. every time someone i know has a new baby i am so jealous... i decided to give myself a year of WTT to make sure this is something i really want.

the only place that knows about this is this board here. i dont talk to anyone in my life about it, just brought it up to the hubby a few times to get him used to the idea :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->