down in the dumps :/

angela98661

Reaction score
I was fired from my job recently..... :( I left a steady job I've been with fouryears in hopes of a better job with Better pay!

I was fired because one girl I worked with I dont want to say names or businesses but complained I was on too many breaks. I worked there 3 days I took 2 tens and a half for 9 hr shift statr laws says I can have longer breaks and such. Then she stayed gossiping about me telling the boss all these negative things about me saying I was talking smack about people I never met. The boss agreed that she was in the wrong for the gossip.....she said this though

"It" said you took breaks breast pumping alot of breaks we don't take alot of breaks along Here because were a busy place. I didn't know you breast pump when I hired you that's an issue.

I than told her the laws of breaks and pumping. She said that me and this girl can't work together she fears I'll retaliate against her so basically told me to cut my losses.

I reported this to human labor hours and wages because they said that my.pumping was an issue to the employee who complained about me. They have camera I told her watch them u can time my breaks! I hope they find a case they will be investigating soon

That is terrible and I hope you can fight it. Here in Canada employers have a duty to accommodate pregnant/breastfeeding women and the fact that you were pumping during your breaks makes your case pretty strong!

Hope you get your case. They are absolutely required to accommodate pumping, if under federal law, and since you said your state law protects it as well...this sucks but they are in the wrong.

OMG!! I was horrified reading your post!! I live in a country that really makes an effort to protect employment rights and you would have an absolute easy winner of a case here. I really hope you can fight them on that dismissal, its terrible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->