down reg / mock embryo transfer

boomer

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
Just after a bit of advice if thats ok.
I've just had my letter from our clinic, and have got my down regulation appt date through.
This will include a mock embryo transfer as its our first go.
Does my OH need to attend this day? Can I drive home after the mock transfer? Unfortunately he's due to be out the country the day of the appt (typical eh!), but not sure if he has to attend or not.
Can i do this appt on my own?

Thanks for any advice, and lots of baby dust to all of us here!!
xxxx

My mock transfer was right before my real transfer. My DH was there but he didn't have to be (I figured he should at least be in the room for conceiving our child). I was able to drive but at my clinic they don't give anything for the transfer. I suppose it depends on if they give meds that you can't drive on. Even then someone else could drive.......I dont see why DH would need to be there for a mock transfer. Good luck!

A mock transfer is a bit like a smear test. They do it to make sure they can get the transfer tube in. My clinic do something similar (they have a good look), as they once had a women whose tranfer they couldn't do, as they couldn't get in.

You'll be fine on your own.

I dont think hubby would have to be there uness you are signing consent forms but it this is to start down regging then you have probably done that part?

I am having a mock transfer as I had real problems during a HSG where they took 40 minutes to try and get the tube through my cervix due scarring from a previous proceedure. During the HSG I didnt have any drugs and could drive after. However, for the mock transfer I have been told that they will do that at EC so I wil already be sedated.

Can you ring your clinic to check and put your mind at rest?

Good luck
Fluffy x

My mock transfer literally took less than a minute. It was very much like a pap smear, there were no meds involved, and I had no pain. It was a little uncomfy due to having a full bladder but that was it. My DH could have totally skipped the appointment. The Dr. inserted the scope thingy, said "straight back then aim towards left shoulder" and then I was free to go home. Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->