Downs Odds

DJ79

Reaction score
Got my letter today - 1 in 6180. I know it's well above the threshold so happy with that!

What ratio did other's get? I'm nearly 36.

Those numbers are fab!! When I was pregnant with daughter I was 45/46 and my ratio was 1:11 for trisomy 13, 18 (typically fatal) and 1:17 for Down Syndrome. Scary, but baby girl is almost 2 and fine! Are your numbers based on age alone or did they do bloodwork and a scan? Mine were age related only. Just shows how much egg quality drops between mid 30's to mid 40's. But yeah, I'd be over the moon with those numbers! Congratulations!

I had a scan and blood work to get those results hun.

Blood and scan and my results for downs was 1:4361. For spine bifida it was something crazy like 1:200,000. They never gave me the other numbers. :(

Mine was 1:198 (age 38) adjusted to 1:3438 after NT screening.
I expected high risk due to my history and age, was a pleasant suprise to get a low risk result.

I'm 37 and got 1:71,000 was shocked of the result but happy of course. Didn't think I'd get that type of number... my was blood work and scan

At 38 I had 1:990 for Downs and 1:100,000 for Edwards.
This pregnancy I don´t know yet but I was told they´d call me back within 10 days if there was a high risk and 2 weeks have now passed and I haven´t been called. I´ll get the actual results next time I see my mw (and I´m 40 this time).

I just ignore the odds... why? because I know 3 girls aged 19 19 and 21 that had Downs babies... I dont think it has much to do with age.

Personally, I would be content with those odds. My best friend was told during her first two pregnancies that each of her babies had DS, and the doctor followed that up with, "So, do you want to abort?" Terrible. Neither of her sons ended up having it and neither have any health problems at all. You never know.

Oops, I misread! I don't know why I was trying to comfort you when you were already happy with your odds. I agree, they are great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->