DPO?

emerphire

working on sweet pea #1
Reaction score
:hi:, i have a newbie TTC question. I tried searching "DPO" but it says it's too short. anyway, i see other ladies saying that they are xDPO and would like to test.... is there a number that is recommended for testing? 9DPO? 10?

and is the count from DPO from the first day? what if my AF comes earlier with each month (would that be considered regularly irregular? lol)? how would I know when I ovulated? Would i count the length of the last cycle to determine when I'd ovulate?

ETA: according to my calendar, i ovulated 10/20-25. i tested on 11/9. does that mean i tested on 19DPO or 16DPO? or???? and if i'm having brown discharge right now, does that mean more that it's more likely that i'm starting my period? (i expected it on the 9th).

thanks in advance!

dpo means Days Past Ovulation. Not the numbers of days since AF started (that's cycle day - ie 21CD)

I'd say if you were expecting AF on the 9th, TEST! Though, the brown discharge could be AF...not sure what's normal for you.

The best ways to determine when you O is temping (temp spikes up) or using OPKs (not sure what that stands for, but the tests that you pee on to tell you when you are Oing). Other than that, you have to know how many days your Luteral Phase is...how long it is from the day you O to the day AF shows up.

Hope that helps! (can't figure out what DPO you would have tested on...brain a little dead right now). Do you temp or anything?

dpo are based on the days past you ovulating - what calender are you using because if its a standard information thing it is possible to be incorrect. There are ways to find out when you are ovulating and ovulation signs to look for also.

AF being late is a good sign if you have regular cycles. Have you been recording your cycles long? Know they are say every 28 days etc?

Good luck :D

thank you dakini and wobbles

Do you temp or anything?

no i don't temp. i have been just going by the calendar i downloaded on my phone and online calendars. i'm finding variants tho (as to be expected).

so, if that calendar says my most fertile day was the 25th, that means, i start counting DPO from there?

i tested on the 9th and it was a BFN.

Wobbles said:
dpo are based on the days past you ovulating - what calender are you using because if its a standard information thing it is possible to be incorrect. There are ways to find out when you are ovulating and ovulation signs to look for also.

AF being late is a good sign if you have regular cycles. Have you been recording your cycles long? Know they are say every 28 days etc?

from july-sept it was each 29 days. sept-oct i forgot, but i'm assuming 29 days. i was supposed to get my period the 9th. tested BFN on 11/9.

gsw why dont u use the ov calendars to get a rough guide and then use OPK's on those days? thats what im doing...

gsw why dont u use the ov calendars to get a rough guide and then use OPK's on those days? thats what im doing...

hi angelica, well, i was trying to BD more and avoid testing/charting. the au naturale way. i'm afraid if i start doing all that stuff, the more stressed out i'll be. i don't know. something to consider tho, as an option, if we don't get pg this cycle.

just in case, which OPK do you use/recommend?

Well I hope your spotting doesn't turn out to be the :witch: Good luck. I would test agin if the spotting/bleed stops & doesn't turn into AF :D

You may have ovulated later than thought - you can even ovulate twice in one month. If :witch: arrives and your curious how your cycle works I would defo recommend charting people think its looks complicated but its pretty straight forward and lots of girls to help here with any questions.

Well I hope your spotting doesn't turn out to be the :witch: Good luck. I would test agin if the spotting/bleed stops & doesn't turn into AF :D

You may have ovulated later than thought - you can even ovulate twice in one month. If :witch: arrives and your curious how your cycle works I would defo recommend charting people think its looks complicated but its pretty straight forward and lots of girls to help here with any questions.

thanks wobbles.... speaking of the :witch: i think she just might have made her entrance. have been going back and forth to the bathroom to swipe. lately, just brown discharge. now more red. :shy: guess it was the beg of AF. i was trying not to get into charting cuz i was afraid that it'd stress me out more. this is our 3rd month. nov will be our 4th month.

thanks for your support :)

Ahhh sorry she got you :( Lots of luck this month coming x

Charting can appear to be stressful but I think it depends why you want to - i was curious temped for a while got what I wanted to know and got bored lol It can also be good to rule out possible problems (like not ovulating - peace of mind etc.)

Again good luck.

Not sure Ive caught your first thread yet so welcome to BabyandBump also :hi:

Sorry to hear about the :witch: catching you...next month - BFP! Fingers are crossed for you gsw22!

And personally, I'm trying to just temp to find out when the :witch: is coming...think I'll try that this cycle coming up :rofl:!

I am stressed out enough wondering when the :witch: is coming and I think I have to just temp and write them down and 3 weeks into it, THEN put them into FF...may be the only way to not stress out and imagine symptoms that aren't there...:dohh:

But it is easy. And after this cycle I'll be more confident to trust my temps and when the :witch: is coming rather than stressing about it for a week...:blush:

Sorry to hear about the :witch: catching you...next month - BFP! Fingers are crossed for you gsw22!

And personally, I'm trying to just temp to find out when the :witch: is coming...think I'll try that this cycle coming up :rofl:!

I am stressed out enough wondering when the :witch: is coming and I think I have to just temp and write them down and 3 weeks into it, THEN put them into FF...may be the only way to not stress out and imagine symptoms that aren't there...:dohh:

But it is easy. And after this cycle I'll be more confident to trust my temps and when the :witch: is coming rather than stressing about it for a week...:blush:

put that way, temping seems to make a lot of sense. i'm stressing off the guessing game. i'll search the forum for posts on it. thanks!!

I started temp part way through my last cycle just so I knew when AF was going to come and visit...this cycle (first really temping) I've been driving myself nuts...so I think this time around I'm just going to record my temps every morning and then 3-4weeks into the cycle I'm going to start recording them...not seeing them on a graph seems to make it easier to not read into them...And it's true - you get a temp drop (fairly significant) when AF is coming (it will usually show up that day or the day after a temp drop). I know one of my friends has been doing this for about a year and it always happens to her (she has 1 already and isn't ttc again yet). I like it. Just have to trust what it's telling me...hoping next month I'm not checking for AF for a week before because I don't believe my chart! lol.

I started temp part way through my last cycle just so I knew when AF was going to come and visit...this cycle (first really temping) I've been driving myself nuts...so I think this time around I'm just going to record my temps every morning and then 3-4weeks into the cycle I'm going to start recording them...not seeing them on a graph seems to make it easier to not read into them...And it's true - you get a temp drop (fairly significant) when AF is coming (it will usually show up that day or the day after a temp drop). I know one of my friends has been doing this for about a year and it always happens to her (she has 1 already and isn't ttc again yet). I like it. Just have to trust what it's telling me...hoping next month I'm not checking for AF for a week before because I don't believe my chart! lol.

thanks dakini :) still reading up on it. i tried to sign up for fertility friend, but i couldn't decide on a username (gawd, i hate coming up with these things) and then when i did, it told me to try to register in a few days. BOO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->