dr diagnosed no ovulation with blood tests....

tanylou3

mum to a puppy right now
Reaction score
ok so 12 months of ttc with highly irregular periods.... anything from 2 week cycles to 8 week cycles.

my doctor finally took an interest 3 months ago and has taken bloods each month for my last 3 cycles and each test has come back as no ovulation...

guessing this makes the chances of a BFP pretty low!!!!

does anyone know what a dr/ gynae/ obs can do / advise / prescribe ???

or even what happens next??? im pretty confused....

Sorry - I don't know but wanted to give you :hugs: At least now you have an answer - that's one step in the right direction!

I'm not sure, but you may be prescribed with Clomid. I found this link which might give you a little bit more info x

https://infertility.about.com/od/infertilitytreatments/a/clomid101.htm

wow just had a read of that link.... could have an interesting few months ahead of me if we get prescribed that...

specially as i already suffer terrible mood swings around my supposed time to ovulate and also around my visit from AF....

oh the joys!!!!!

ok so 12 months of ttc with highly irregular periods.... anything from 2 week cycles to 8 week cycles.

my doctor finally took an interest 3 months ago and has taken bloods each month for my last 3 cycles and each test has come back as no ovulation...

guessing this makes the chances of a BFP pretty low!!!!

does anyone know what a dr/ gynae/ obs can do / advise / prescribe ???

or even what happens next??? im pretty confused....

well i haven't had a period since jan 9th and i definitely haven't ovulated. Doctor is referring me to gynae. She will more than likely do blood tests on cd21 (which I have no idea how she's supposed to that seeing as I'm on cd92 and no sign of AF or new cycle beginning) and a pelvic ultrasound to see if I have any abnormalities eg ovarian cysts etc. If you're not ovulating they can give a drug, like clomid, which will almost supercharge your ovaries and stimulate ovulation. I don't know anymore than this but if I get my appointment soon I'll report back. Hope this helps

:hug:

I would imagine you'll be prescribed clomid. My friend was ttc for a year. Like you, she then found out she wasn't ovulating, was given clomid, and now has eight-year-old twins. :)

It doesn't sound very nice, but focus on the result.

huns also u can try a natural remedy called agnus cactus u can buy from holland and barrett in capsules, iv heard good things and they are supposed to regulate cycles and help with ovulation too and no need for docs presccription, but if doc offers u something like clomid defo give it a go babes i know side affects arnt great but clomid does wonders xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->