Dr. is scaring me! Help!

ashleyg

Mama to three
Reaction score
I'm super early and haven't even missed my period yet. It's supposed to come end of this week sometime if that helps.

I got my bloods drawn to check for pregnant on April 14 and they came back at an 18. I got a second draw done yesterday, April 17 & today they came back at 101. I thought that was good because they're doubling, but his assistant called me and said that yes they're doubling but they're very low numbers and the dr wants me to get ANOTHER draw next week to make sure they're still increasing. I was starting to feel relief but now I'm all nervous again. Are these not good numbers? Are they actually low?? Help reassure me please :(

Theyre great if you havent even missed your period! And they are more than doubling!

Don't worry... the docs don't usually see people that early, so he's probably used to seeing higher numbers. The increase is the most important, not the actual number. There are people with numbers that low into their 4th week who went on to have successful pregnancies. Don't panic :)

Thanks ladies. It's just with my other two pregnancies my numbers started off lower too and I never had to go in for a 3rd blood draw. So these look good then? She was saying after the third blood he will decide if he wants to get me in for an ultrasound earlier. She was freaking me out! My doubling time is 28.9hours...is that not good since it was over 3 days?

18 wouldn't even show on a lot of pregnancy tests! I reckon they think you are further along than 3 1/2 weeks xx

My cycles are 30-32 days. Could that have an effect on how far they think I am? I mean period still isn't due for another 4/5 days and I found out I was pregnant last Thursday

What Dan-o said... Your doubling rate is great, and that's the important bit. Your numbers will quickly rise if they keep doubling like that. Try to stop worrying... it's not good for you. There's nothing wrong with your numbers for 3.5 weeks pregnant. Even at 4-4.5 weeks those numbers aren't concerning as long as they keep increasing. Plus you have a history of lower numbers at the beginning.

That sounds really early to get a bfp, I wonder too if they are just trying to figure out exactly how far along you are. I wouldn't worry too much now though. Your numbers are increasing I think that is what matters at this point.

Thanks ladies. I'm naturally a worrier so this doesn't help lol. It's making me feel a lot better reading what you're saying. Like I said, when I first saw my results I initially was super happy because they doubled. But then the dr was making it sound like he was concerned. I'm trying to think positive

I've never had bloods drawn, but I will say that I didn't even get a BFP with my third baby until 5 weeks along (21DPO). You aren't even expecting your period for a few days? What the heck are you having blood work done so early for????

They've done it for each of my pregnancies. I guess it's just what they do at that office? But both of my other kids were lower numbers in the beginning too and he never caused any worry so I don't know what's up this time

Thank you! Google is making me feel better shockingly lol. From what I've been reading, normal for about 14dpo (which is what I think I was onApril 17) is anywhere from 50-400 or so.

I also have longer cycles like 30-32 days. Could that affect how far along they think I am?

It could because they might think you are a few days ahead, but even that idk. I think by low they just meant super early so they want to check back in next week to make sure all is well. I find that's almost always the case with early blood tests or scans. I've always been asked to go back a week later even when things look good. Just because you are early and they like to keep an eye. Try not to let them stress you out. I was 59 at 10dpo, 147 at 13dpo, and 397 at 15dpo. So I wouldn't stress the numbers.

Thanks Dobby. I'm looking into another's drs office for a possible VBA2C and they had me so another draw today. I just got the results and it came back at 314. So I definitely feel better!

Awesome! That's great! Hopefully good news on a possible vba2c as well

Eeek we'll see. Kind of nervous about even thinking of it! Haha.

As far as I'm aware, doctors base a lot of these statistic going by a 28 day cycle, so your longer cycle could have an effect. Your numbers look great though :flower:

Thank you ladies! First appt isn't until May 10 so I have a little bit until I can ask more questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->