Dr said nothing was wrong with baby...

EricaH

Reaction score
After genetic testing results came back, he told me that Angel (her name) was in fact, female and that there was nothing genetically wrong. I'm at a loss as to whether or not that's good or bad?
Does that mean its me?
Does that mean that once OH and I start trying again (hopefully this month), it will happen again? I'm terrified! I had a chemical the cycle before, and then a mmc at 10 weeks.

Any answers ladies?

Hi Erica. Have you or OH been tested at all? If not, maybe you could talk to your doc about it. Even if they don't find anything, it might help to give you more peace of mind moving ahead with ttc.

I'm getting my blood tests done on the 20th (CD 21), he said if I "happen" to fall pregnant before then, it doesn't mean that I'll miscarry. The most important part was to wait after that first period (which I didn't after chemical, but I didn't think that mattered in a chem). But he would like me to not necessarily 'try' for the next month, just because he wants to do the tests.

I also had a D&C after a MMC at 9 weeks, and my doctor also told me that there was nothing genetically wrong with my baby. He did not confirm gender, but OH and I both felt she was a girl and named her Samantha Grace. At first I was confused about this as well. When I asked about it, the doctor said that this was a positive thing because genetic defects may occur multiple times. Without a genetic defect what went wrong with my first baby was likely a spontaneous error in the cell division process, and that this same exact error could have happened to anyone and would be extremely unlikely to occur again. I hope that helps. We have waited to try for over a year now, and though I am young it is hard to wait.

hello Erica,

Im so sorry for your loss, i had a mmc december last year followed by ercp. It totally destroyed me as all i could do is blame myself, but i have now come to terms with what the docs told me and that it just wasnt ment to be. My hormone levels stayed quite high for about 4 weeks post surgery so we waited 2 cycles and caught on my 2nd cycle trying. You will start to feel better soon, however your baby will always be in your heart. All the best, and just take it one day at a time xxx:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->