Drawing

RachA

Reaction score
My 7 (nearly 8) year old came home from school yesterday and when I went through his bag there was a drawing of a boy doing a wee.

I asked him about it and he told me he had done it and it was a bit wearing trousers with a think piece if string and a thin piece of string!

I suggested that that wasn't actually the case and he admitted that it was a boy doing a wee.

I know that it's normal type of behaviour but at what point does it become something I should be concerned about?
I've done safeguarding training because I deal with children at church and drawings can be a sign of stuff but I don't want to worry about something that I'm assuming at this point is just innocent.

Thats completely normal! All kids like taboo things like pee, poop, farts, I am surprised you have gotten to that age before it started! Most kids draw daft things just to get a laugh, the bigger deal you make the more they do it. They just find it funny.

It sounds like the kind of thing they would do with their friends to make one another laugh. I understand why you're concerned but I don't think you need to be. If he keeps drawing pictures like that then maybe have a word with him about it, but I would imagine it's the same as them talking endlessly about willies and poo and farting and all other things that they find soooo hilarious!

I think that is absolutely normal behaviour for his age.

Thanks. I did assume it was normal but then I didn't want to brush it off and find out in the future it wasn't.

That is completely understandable. :) It is better to ask and find out it's nothing than worry or ignore something and find out it is something. :) My Girl did some daft pictures again today, sat there laughing in hysterics waiting for my OH to come back, she does it purely because she finds the look on his face so amusing when she shows him haha!

I think I used to draw boobs and willies on the magna doodle till I was over 10 hahaha

definetly normal - my friend send me this text the other day (her daughter will be 8 in november):

conversation between M and Daddy:

Daddy: its going in the bin
M: you do not throw my drawings in the bin!!!!
Daddy: we do when its of a willy!

:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"