Dream Feeding

Younglutonmum

Mummy To Maya & Bump
Reaction score
Ok im desperate for Maya to start sleeping abit longer at night. At the moment she wakes roughly every 3 hours for a feed. Also after a feed she tends to wake an hour later for comfort

Im considering dream feeding

Can someone who does it please tell me how to go about introducing this. How does it work? And how successful has it been for you

I currently start Mayas bedtime routine at 7pm. I top & tale her, read a little, bottle, burp & bed.

Ok, so about 10-11pm go up to her with a bottle pick her up while she is asleep and feed her, she might take all of it she might not, burp her and put her back down. i woulnd't change her nappy unless she has pooed otherwise you might wake her up.

Hope that helps hun.

Ok, so about 10-11pm go up to her with a bottle pick her up while she is asleep and feed her, she might take all of it she might not, burp her and put her back down. i woulnd't change her nappy unless she has pooed otherwise you might wake her up.

Hope that helps hun.

Have you found it works well with your LO??

:hug:

Yep that's what we do, although we do change Hannah's diaper, she is still sleepy and goes right back down. We put her to bed at 8:30 (or so) and dream feed her between 10-11, however much she will take (changing her diaper before we feed her). We burp her and lay her back down and she goes right back to sleep :D It works well for us most nights, although the last few days her routine has been interrupted because of her shots

yer it works brillaint for my los, the reason i don't change their nappies, unless they need it is cos i thought no point wasiting a nappie hehe,

My lo's started sleeping through soon after me dream feeding, it was knowing when to stop the dream feed.

And when do you know how to stop??

Sorry im just useless with this kind of thing

When they have been sleeping through for a couple of weeks maybe give it a go, and if she does wake up in the night you know u need to carry on doing it. My hubby had to tell me to stop dream feeding her cos i like doing it for cos i got a cuddle

Jess usually has a dreamfeed about 11pm ish. I change her bum and give her a bottle. Sometimes she will take the lot and sometimes she only takes a bit. I burp her and then put her in her crib. They look so cute when being burped while sleeping. This has helped Jess with sleeping longer thru the night too.

So do you fully wake them or just rouse them a little so they open there mouths??

Don't fully wake her, she'll actually take the bottle asleep, just pop it into her mouth

Did you try it?

It's a bit hit and miss with Ally. If he's really in a deep sleep he won't take it. I tend not to do it these days just because he sleeps for 5 ish hrs then 4 hrs so that's fine for me. Lately he's been waking up every hr in the last 4 hrs but it's not because he's hungry.

I'm going to start tomorrow night :)

She didn't have the best of nights last night. Put her down around 7pm but she kept waking so I gave up & let her fall asleep in my arms while I was on the PC. Tried transferring her to her basket when I went to bed but she wasn't having any of it so I let her in with me!!

She slept well then but I don't want this to become a habit!!

aww, sorry you had a bad night but at least you got some sleep eventually! Good luck with the dream feeding tonight.

Might try this with my baby... he is just over 8 weeks old, doesn't have a pattern really, usually wakes for a feed around 2.30 ish and then again any time from 6.30 to 8.30. Also he seems to take two feeds close together then go ages without then two close together. Think dream feeding would work for him?

I think it works best if you feed them say early evening then just before you go to bed, you feed them again. When does your LO have his last feed, Jenstar? If he's going for a while after his last feed before he wakes at 2:30am, it might not make much difference.

Sorry about crashing this thread!

My one doesn't have a pattern really. We just feed him when he shouts for it, but sometimes when he does a big long sleep after tea time I wish I had taken him off earlier so he would wake up and I could get more into him before bed iykwim! At 8 wks how long realistically can they sleep in one go without needing fed? The HV's seem to think he is a hungry greedysort of baby, maybe he just has a fast metabolism?! all tips welcome!

i think i am going to try this too!
ali goes to bed at around 10pm and then wakes up at 2.30am ish then again at around 7.30am ish.

will volunteer hubby for the first attempt though :blush:

Christine
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back