Dreaming about dead grandfather taking baby??

medic76097

Baby #3 on the way!
Reaction score
Ive been having some really strange dreams...
A little backround- My dad's father (my grandfather) passed away in Feb. last year at 94 years old. He had a stroke and never recovered. I was in Alberta and was driving through a snow storm in the middle of the night and most of the next day after his stroke to get home to the coast of BC before he passed away. I had just gotten into town and stopped at my parents house to drop off my dogs and go to the hospital when my mom called to say that he had just passed away. Literally within minutes of me getting into town, although I didnt make it to actually see him before he died, I was in town. I have no guilt about not making it there in time, nor do I have a very strong realtionship with him to being with. I spent alot of my childhood at my grandparents house, but he was the strong silent type and didnt interact with the kids much.

When I graduated from Paramedic school , he shocked everyone and gave me his dog tags from WW2. No one knew he had them, let alone wanted to give them to me. His only request was that one of the two tags was to be cremated with him when he died... which it was. I made sure that one was placed with him and I have the other at my house in a memory box hanging in our living room, along with some of his old military stuff and my grandparents original wedding photo.

Anyway, I have been dreaming about him. ALOT. I dream that he keeps trying to take my baby. In my dreams he is alive and interacting with people in my dream like normal, but its not situations that I have from memory. He doesnt talk in the dream and its never a sitiation where I feel like hes being mean about taking the baby... he just tries to sneak around with her and keep her away from me. Kinda interesting that I always dream its a girl as well. I would love to have a boy and keep voicing that to people lately. The baby is a bit older, maybe six or so months. He never harms her or fights when I take her back. And in my last dream, the reason I was struggling to get my baby back from him was because of a huge amount of snow that had fallen.

Recnetly, I was back in BC to visit family in May and we had planned to do a year memorial of his death but because I announced my pregnancy, it sort of got forgotten. Before he passed away he asked to be spread in the river (No idea why) and we had to wait till May for that to happen since the river was frozen in Feb when he passed and May was the next time our whole family could get together. Also in May I had two tarot card readings (I know, I know... lol) and I kept getting a card that didnt fit in with the rest of the readings. It was a card that was meant to remind me to be more open to messages that Im not receiveing or that Im overlooking. At the time it didnt make sense and I pushed it aside.

The whole dream last night had me on edge this morning so I called my parents to ask if there was a special date comming up that could be the reason that my grandfather has been on my mind and I just didnt remember the date, like his birthday or wedding anniversary. That conversation lead to my dad telling me that theres nothing special coming up and his birthday was in March.... The day we found out we were pregnant. I had no idea.

The whole thing has me a little shaken up since my grandfather is obviously dead and I dont know if or what it means to have a dead relative try to steal your currently unborn baby. Im also pretty nervous since we go to the doc on friday to hear the heart beat... an appointment that we have had to change several times due to scheduling issues.

Sorry this is so long!! I know that alot of people think that dreams and the afterlife and all that stuff is a bunch of crap.... Usually I have a very open mind about things so the fact that this is a dream/situation that keeps happening, I feel like hes trying to tell me something and Im just not getting it
Has anyone else had vivid dreams this far in??
Thanks for reading... again sorry its so long

Maybe he's your baby's guardian angel or something, rather taking the baby from you, he's just being protective??

Sorry hun I don't have any advice to offer but a few weeks ago I was having dreams my grandad who I was really close to and passed away 6 years ago before he could ever meet my boys was pushing a pink pushchair. At first I thought it was me as a baby he was pushing then realised he looked how he would today not 20 odd years ago when he had a full head of hair :haha: and I saw the baby it wasn't me. I tried to run after them but couldn't keep up and then my LO woke me up :dohh: but I had that dream for several nights in a row. I've spoken to a few family members and came up with a theory of why I was having it (I won't go into detail on here :)) and I've always believed he was my guardian angel - I have a guardian angel locket with his pic in and sounds crazy I know but I was told right from day one with LO1 that I was going to miscarry and IF I made it to 16 weeks or further he would definitely be born prem and unlikely to survive - I carried to term and had a healthy little boy - and I like to think that was him protecting baby :)

I think I would take it as your grandfather showing you that your baby is healthy and that he is protecting him/her. I'm not sure I would believe it was a girl though as I dreamt I was having a girl and I had a boy. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->