Dreams

purpleshark

Reaction score
Since being pregnant I've had some strange dreams but recently they've started getting really horrible. Not about the birth but about things that have happened in the past but then adding extra to those things. 2 examples - i found out my OH was texting other women a couple of years ago, extremely rude and flirty. Well one dream last night was extending on that and it was really upsetting. My ex made my life hell when I broke up with him 4 years ago. Threatened my life daily. Last night I had a dream he'd come round to sign divorce papers and then had a knife and wanted to kill my unborn baby with my daughter in the room too (she is his daughter too) so as you can see, they're starting to be really horrible. Is this normal? Never had weird or horrible dreams with my daughter.

it can be normal as labour draws closer you might be feeling a bit anxious which can affect your dreams, or it could be the hormones. I had terrible nightmares in first trimester, I dreamed about my flat burning down and my kids trapped in their bedroom screaming for help which made me stay up for weeks after and I had to check the smoke alarm 3 times a day, I also have had night terrors with my previous pregnancies which I have started to recently have with this one too, I'll be drifting off to sleep and I'll hear someone walking around the flat, opening draws and cupboards and plastic bags rustling, I hear footsteps walking by the bedroom door but I can never wake up properly to check it out and I never see anyone. I wake up after 10 minutes of terror to find my flat completely empty and as it should be. I have GAD and get them when I'm mega anxious too, they usually stop after giving birth xx

I literally JUST made a thread about this! I really wish the dreams could stop there adding too much stress and anxiety!

In the second tri i had the absolute worse dreams. I would see my OH sleeping with other woman right in front of my eyes and he'd just shrug it off and call me the nastiest things in the world and I'd wake up crying and make him apologize lol. I know its terrible.
I also started having horrible nightmares. I would see people inn front of me killing themselves abd jumping from buildings and splatting on me.
I also had one dream where i was in the twin towers and avid was splashing on me. And many many more nasty and gruesome dreams.
I think it may be normal, just don't let it get to your head.
Don't worry about them.
I had such bad dreams about nt oh thay i actually took it out on him. :(
Just don't let them control you.

Oh yeah completely normal. It's very strange. I think it is just from being afraid and having anxiety about a new one coming into the world. I had a dream my sister and my DH both died in the same night! I googled it and it says it stems from being afraid. :wacko:

I've been having bad dreams too. The latest one was that a nurse took my baby girl away right after I'd given birth and brought me another baby. I was screaming at her that it wasn't mine and she was making me feel like I was crazy. It was so upsetting.

As we draw closer to such a significant event in our lives anxiety, hormones, excitement etc can all manifest in strange ways. The dreams are totally normal and harmless. Especially if you can wake up your partner for a cuddle afterwards :)

I had a very horrible dream last night actually where I was stabbing a man with scissors who was trying to steal my DD away from me. I rarely have nightmares like that but this one was vivid and scary! I have read that our dreams are more vivid and strange during pregnancy, and I would say that, at least with me, they are right!

I've had dreadful dreams lately and have attacked myself three times now
I have a scratch across my face a bruise behind my ear and I massive scratch across my arm which became infected

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->