Dress needed for wedding (size 18) - suggestions

xxmoonriverxx

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm desperately looking for a dress for my brother's wedding which will be in Poland mid August (possibly hot).

I'm a size 18 after not shedding baby weight last year from DS1. I'm going to be about 25 weeks pregnant at the wedding.

I'm having trouble finding a dress that a) goes up to a 16-20ish. b)flatters my bingo wings c) isn't maxi, i'm 5ft6 but have a bust, tummy and big bum so don't feel they flatter me.

Has anyone got any suggestions or even something they wish to sell.

Has anyone any experience of Tiffany Rose dresses as they look really nice but i'm hoping the size 16-18 will fit, is the 16-18 generous. (I can fit in an 18 in Debenhams normal clothes and managed a 16 in a stretchy phase eight dress so maybe i'm not as big as I think).

Has anyone had an Isabella Oliver dress? I'm a very pale yorkshire complexion with brown hair and feel the colours are just a bit too bright.

Finally the Picchu cocktail dress in purple looks nice but i'm scared it's a bit bland.

My sister in law to be is gorgeous and skinny and so are all her friends and family, I don't want to be the fat, frumpy groom's sister
Pleeease help!!

i have the same problem, SILs wedding in 6 weeks, ill be 20 weeks pregnant with twins, and im a size 16, although my BBs keep getting bigger so if i were ordering online i think id get a 18 put to make sure, and take it in if needed.

my problem on top of that is it need to be modest, covering my shoulders and not too low. and def not short! eck! i cant find anything that will do. i am usually a big spender on wedding outfits but not sure if i want to spend huge amounts on something i really am only going to use once.

I found the perfect dress, it may suit you too so take a look.

I don't think it allows me to add links yet but if you look at Phase Eight it's called a Silver Pearly Dress. It has a longer hem at the back than the front so covers my bum nicely and a lovely neckline encrusted with loads of different coloured pearls. It's very flattering and very stretchy, skims over all the bumps. My sister had me put a baby blanket up the dress in the changing room and it will definitly fit when i've got a bigger bump.

It was £130 but all Phase Eight clothes are in a 50% sale so bargain at £65. Have a look at their stuff, i'd say look for a formal jersey dress in non maternity as they have lots of stretch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->