Dresses on baby girls

Sarah88

Full time working mummy
Reaction score
I don't like putting dresses on Savannah. I think they are pointless until she can stand at least as I spend the whole time pulling them down. I love putting her in gorgeous little jumpsuits and stuff like that.
My MIL still continues to buy dresses for her, even though i have told her countless times I don't put her in dresses. Stupid woman doesn't listen ('Oh but this one has a built in nappy cover so it won't ride up'- the dress part still does!!) Grr... Oh, and then I get in trouble from OH coz I don't appreciate them enough. It's a waste of bloody money! I am thinking of Ebaying them.

Does anyone else not like putting their LO in dresses? I have done it a couple of times, purely for picture purposes though.

I put Jasmine in a dress at christmas... and I have anotherr dress that I put stretchy pants under... looks cute. I dont do dresses that often though.

I never put dresses on Hannah until around Christmas when we had a Christmas dress for her. I ended up finding a denim dress and a polka dot dress on sale during that time that I liked she usually wears one of them with tights once a week or so

I've only really started now that she walks really well. She still wears jeans more than anything

Ella always wears dresses with tights on , or has a dress type thing with leggins , never rides up :shrug:

I put Poppy in dresses quite a lot, with tights. I figured that once she starts crawling she won't be wearing them for a while (until she can then walk) as dresses are harder for them to crawl in!!

It's too hot here for tights, middle of summer. I might have a different opinion if it were cooler and she could wear tights.

Annabelle has a few dresses which she wears with tights but no matter what she wears i feel like im always pulling and tugging on her pulling trousers up or dresses down LOL
a babygrow/sleepsuit so so much easier which when we are at home for the day thats all she wears

Lou
xxx

i love katie in dresses! i like to put her in them to go to my mum's cos my dad spends the whole time pulling them down!!

Niamh is still in sleepsuits unless we're going out somewhere. I think shes only worn one dress, and that was at Christmas.

Caitlyn's always worn dresses. Since she was born. They've never really ridden up, but she has a big bum for them to get over!

MIL bought loads of dresses,. I hate them, chloe spends most the day in a body suit if shes playing so she can get to her feet!

she only wears them if we're going to in laws!

I have to admit lily is always in dresses and skirts when we go out. Always with tights tho, when we're inside shes usually in sleepsuits or jeans/trousers.

lol.
She's gonna have a complex now

Just be sure to tell her that every day Toria! lol Especially when she's at school

emilia has a few dresses but she doesn't wear them as often as her jeans and tops or sleepsuits. I bought her a nice 1 for xmas day and that's been about it really. Like you, i'll probably start properly for summer and she should be standing a lot more by then.

Rosie is always in dresses, she also has lots of jeans, skirts and trousers, but i do like to put her in her dresses and skirts, she has tights on with them, and ive not experienced problems of them riding up to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->