Dribbling

Laura2806

Mummy to DS & PG w/twins
Reaction score
My baby is 2wks old tomorrow and dribbles most of his bottle, it literally pours down his chin to the point where I have to use a bib and a burping cloth or muslin to stop his clothes getting wet.

I'm using tommee tippee closer to nature bottles, are these the problem as he doesn't seem to dribble with the cow and gate ready made bottles which have an orthodontic teat.

Has anyone experienced this or can give me advise on if I should change the bottles? I've also tried the new advent bottle just as I had one come through te post and he still dribbles with this bottle, not as much but still more I feel he should be.

Any tips gladly taken! Xx

Heya.

We also use the TT bottles and baby does seem to dribble milk. It looks like loads but in reality its probably less than 5-10ml per bottle. We put a muslin cloth under her chin to catch the drips! It might be because of the teat shape being more like a breast, so they have to open their mouths wider to latch on fully, which may lead to a small amount of leakage. Im going to stick with the TT bottles as apart from the dribble, she takes her milk really well and has minimal wind. xxx

Very valid points :)

I know it looks more than it is it's just he really struggles sometimes and chokes as he's not swollowing the milk quick enough. I've picked up some mam bottles as they've been recommended to me so we'll see how Oscar goes with them. My niece had the same and was fine on mam ones too.

I'll update with how it goes :) x

My lo was the same way with Dr Brown's bottles. I found out that particular brand had "preemie nipples" so I picked those up and the problem decreased a LOT. She's back on the regular size 1 nipples now, but I do still have to put a cloth under her chin because after a few minutes she starts getting lazy and some makes it's way out of the corners of her mouth. It probably is the shape of the nipples on the TT bottles, they really have to latch on to that kind properly.

I'm glad its not just mine! Lol

I went to babies R us and asked a lady there, she's lovely and always helps us out when we need it :) she reccomended mam bottles as there what her daughter switched too after having the same problem with her baby who was also a bigger hungrier baby. Even though they no longer stock mam bottles in store. I went to boots and got a starter pack for £28.95, best money I've ever spent! There's now only dribble when Oscar falls asleep on the bottle, which is to be expected! So much better for him and you can sterilise then in the microwave without a microwave steriliser!

I highly reccomend the mam bottles!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"