drinking from a cup

jenstar

Reaction score
My wee boy is not at all taken with his cup of water!

He is almost 6 months and going well with weaning so far (less than 3 wks in.) He breastfeeds and also drinks well from a bottle having had a bottle every day since he was a month old.

My question is: do I need to push the cup at this stage? Or just keep trying and eventually he will come round to it? He has a tommee tippee cup (cheapie one with the free flow flip up spout) would it be worth my while changing it? Or getting a bottle with handles/ spout?

Give him time , he will learn I just fill it and leave it on the tray on his high chair ..he plays with it and explores it

we've had problems with this with Ally. He just wouldn't drink out of a sippy cup. I left him to play with it and everything but he wouldn't take anything (I think at one point I seriously thought he was though!)

He now has a beaker from superdrug. It's got handles and a big white soft spout. He doesn't do well with a valve but I read that they're meant to be worse for tooth decay and stuff anyway. So ours is valveless. He drinks 4-5oz after each meal from it. He was really constipated too but now he's fine.

I think unless he's taking nothing after 6 months from it, or becoming constipated or something you shouldn't worry too much :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->