Drinking while ttc

beckiet3

Reaction score
Hey girls, just looking for some advice, im currently ttc after havin the implant removed on the 5/1/2015 i had a period that ended on the 2/1/2015 then another after removal on the 6/1/15 till the 9/1/15 which im asuming is a withdrawl bleed im not sure when i ovulated or if i even have this month not vert good at checkin cm, not even sure when to expect period again but me n my partner have been havin sex every 2nd day since my withdrawl bleed stopped, im not one to really go out drinkin n havsnt since march 14, but iv been invited to bday night out this weekend, i dont wanna go n not drink n ruin her night out(shes had a rough few months n is reallt wantin to let her hair down ) but i dont wanna get really drunk if theres a chance im pregnant. any advice?

thanks xx

I'd have a drink, maybe take a test the day of just in case. If it's negative, go out and enjoy yourself :) it's not like you'll be on a 2 week bender. Just keep hydrated before and after.

I took a child dev. class in high school and another one in college and both said that alcohol consumption in the first two weeks after fertilization does not effect fetal dev. I just quickly googled it though and a couple sources say there is a chance of it preventing implementation?

I wasn't trying with my first and I know I drank a couple times before I found out. I was also taking a ton of cold medicine because I doing presentations at work and I didn't want to be really sick. It worried me but my pregnancy and delivery was perfect and she's totally healthy. All in all I say it wouldn't hurt, just don't go too crazy.

I know my RE recommends no more than 4 units of alcohol a week when you're TTCing and to not drink at all when you're pregnant (I'm assuming though that during the 2WW it's ok as long as you keep it at or below the limit). So I'd keep it to 1-2 units to be on the safe side and definitely don't get drunk or even close to it:wacko:

I took a child dev. class in high school and another one in college and both said that alcohol consumption in the first two weeks after fertilization does not effect fetal dev. I just quickly googled it though and a couple sources say there is a chance of it preventing implementation?

I wasn't trying with my first and I know I drank a couple times before I found out. I was also taking a ton of cold medicine because I doing presentations at work and I didn't want to be really sick. It worried me but my pregnancy and delivery was perfect and she's totally healthy. All in all I say it wouldn't hurt, just don't go too crazy.

This will be a relief for many :flower:

Honestly there must be a million ladies all the time who drink after conception but before they know they conceived.

You don't have to get wasted to have a good night with your friend, a couple of drinks will be ok x

I've recently heard the phrase, "Drink 'til it's pink." (The pg line on the pregnancy test.)
I really don't drink much as it is. I'll probably still have my occasional 1-2 beers. The moment I find out I'm pregnant, however, no more!

I think one or two drinks would be ok. who says you have to get drunk...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->