Driving after CS

Siuan

Reaction score
Just wondering, how long did you all leave it after a CS to drive again?

I feel really isolated because I can't just jump in the car with LO and go places. I have been told I have to leave it 6 weeks?! But I feel perfectly ok. My scar doesn't hurt really any more (just a few twinges). It's healing nicely, I can sit for long periods or move around as necessary and I can twist and turn as normal so I wouldn't have restricted movement etc.

Do I really have to leave it 6 weeks? Also - did you tell your insurance company that you'd had a CS? I've been advised I should, but I can't see the point if I am not allowed to drive anyway!!

I drove after 3.5 weeks, called insurance and told them and they said if I felt safe to do emergency stop then there was no prob in driving before the 6 weeks x

Hmm, interesting. Thank you. I'll give my company a call perhaps then. A bit worried about phoning them though in case they insist on the 6 weeks thing! lol!

The above answer is right. I had my son. Emcs and I drove after 4 weeks. I lived in middle of no where and my husband only had 2 weeks off So I was so bored ding nothing. Xxx

My insurance company said the 6 week thing no longer applies & as long as I haven't been specifically told not to drive then I can whenever I feel capable.

I also think the 6 week thing is more to do with the doctors and not so much the insurance company's! X

My insurance company actually said they would prefer me to wait until my PP check. Which for me wasn't until 8 weeks! As it turned out I couldn't drive until around 3 months PP as my SPD was still bad so it didn't affect me at all.

Thanks all, I've actually had another read of the leaflet I was given by the Physiotherapy dept at hospital and it says in there the 6 weeks is if I'd had a general anaesthetic (I didn't... just a spinal)

It says 2 weeks otherwise but to call insurance company to check they're ok with it. So I'll do that :) That would be excellent if I can drive after two weeks, it means I get my independence back to some degree after Tuesday!

I drove after my 6 weeks check when my GP gave me the go ahead. I didn't realise that you could drive earlier until afterwards!

my cons cleared me after 2 weeks last time, and said he will this time too. As long as you can raise and slam your foot for an emergency stop its ok. The insurances co will go off what you cons says

Up until the end if last year I worked in car insurance for a broker. Under all our providers, you weren't covered for 6 weeks after a c section unless you had something signed by your dr saying he agreed you could drive. The amount of women that tried to claim, only to find out they weren't covered, and then got took to court for driving with no insurance, was quite high. Please just double check that your insurance company are ok with it first xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->