Driving in Pregnancy

Marg_27

✿ Proud Mummy of 2 ✿
Reaction score
After a conversation with my SIL last week Im left slightly confuzzled...

She is due to have her baby any day now, and has stopped driving.
When I asked her why she said her insurance company do not insure ladies over 37 weeks pregnant! :shock:

Well, Ive NEVER heard of this, but she says its really common!
I havent yet phoned my insurance company to check, but wondered if any of you have heard of this before??

Nope, never heard of this. I stopped driving at 8 months because I was so big it was uncomfortable, nothing to do with the insurance. My sister even drove around when she was in latent labour!

I've not heard of it either! I don't drive far on a daily basis probs only to the shops or so, but i have noticed i've been getting uncomfortable the last couple of weeks!

Ive never heard this either, but I might tell oh this so it will get me out of driving until baby here :)

I have carried on driving and my friend drove right up until the day she was induced !

To be honest I will carry on driving until I have some sort of sign labour might be about to start, I certainly wouldn't go out if I was having contractions or anything but If I felt 100% ok then I would make short journeys eg, into town, tescos etc.

I've never heard of this either. My mum did stop driving when she had my twin sisters but only coz to fit her belly in, the seat had to be so far back she could and then she couldn't reach the pedals :D

I stopped driving toward the end because I was so big it was uncomfortable to twist and turn my body and I also had to push the seat so far back I didn't feel like I had good control.

If ou plan on driving right up to the birth it really is worth checking as some companies do not insure drivers after a certain period. My sister was not able to drive after 37 weeks either but I can, already checked! I have taken to having the OH drive me around as I find it uncomfortable now, let him get wound up instead!!!

ive never heard of it and i drove up until the day i went into labour

oo i haven't heard of it either (or even thought of it!), i will give my insurance company a ring though x

Thanx girls, I still havent rang my insurance company, but will let u kno as soon as I do.
I deffo think its worth finding out x

not heard about during pregnancy but i know your insurance is invalid if you drive b4 6weeks after a c-section, my neighbour found out the hard way.

i rang my insurance company and its still valid, woman on the other end of the phone laughed at me and said so long as i wasn't giving birth whilst driving then its fine :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->