Dropping at 32-33weeks

BethMaassen

Mom to 2 Princesses
Reaction score
Baby never dropped with my first pregnancy, not that i noticed. she still sat pretty high even at 40 weeks.
This time I think baby has dropped already. I can SEE my bump is lower than it has been, but also there is so much pressure in my pelvic and hip area.
I was talking to my mom about it yesterday and she said this morning it definitely looks it.

I did take pictures but for some reason, because I am not standing in the same place and/or have it zoomed in the same amount, I think it would be difficult to tell. But I am going to attach them anyway.

I have read that it is possible to drop this early in other forums, and ancient (2011-ish) posts from here as well. My question is, did baby really drop, or am I imagining things?

First photo (brown top) 32 weeks, Second photo (black top with white) 33weeks, Last photo 33+2 weeks - today.

Attachments

• Octpber 30th 2015 32weeks7.jpg
    Octpber 30th 2015 32weeks7.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 26
  • November 6th 2015 33weeks6.jpg
    November 6th 2015 33weeks6.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMAG1757.jpg
    IMAG1757.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 26
I don't see it sorry. Your bump looks exactly the same in each pic :shrug:

I see it a little bit, but it could just be baby flipping around in there. I'll notice my Bump is bigger/smaller depending on th Internet contents of my stomach, whether im constipated, baby's position, etc. I thought I dropped a few weeks ago too, but baby was just having a crazy time doing fouls and exploring. Haha.

That's alright. the way I take pictures plus my actual body size, not including the bump makes it difficult to tell. I suppose it would be easier to tell if you saw me every day or something.
Or, I could be imagining it. I would not have even considered it if it were not for the pressure in my pelvic-region and hips.

I see it a little bit, but it could just be baby flipping around in there. I'll notice my Bump is bigger/smaller depending on th Internet contents of my stomach, whether im constipated, baby's position, etc. I thought I dropped a few weeks ago too, but baby was just having a crazy time doing fouls and exploring. Haha.

Haha. That is good point. I will keep watching my bump though. Because i do notice it getting lower. :D

That's alright. the way I take pictures plus my actual body size, not including the bump makes it difficult to tell. I suppose it would be easier to tell if you saw me every day or something.
Or, I could be imagining it. I would not have even considered it if it were not for the pressure in my pelvic-region and hips.

I should've added that it would probably be more noticeable irl to you and your friends/family. That added with the pressure could definitely indicate baby engaging :thumbup:

I agree with the others it's not overly noticeable but with the pressure you feel and people who see you regularly noticing then it's a possibility.

I know my bumped dropped at 33 weeks, I had lots of pulling pains down low over night and my ribs felt amazing, after being kicked and bruised for about 4 weeks they are finally feeling normal.

I don't see my midwife until next week but apparently it's normal to drop from 31/32 weeks even in second or more pregnancies.

X

I will bring up baby dropping at my next prenatal appointment, which is this coming Wednesday.

And although barely noticeable, for you guys, it means it still is noticeable... Which means, it isn't entirely in my head.

---- To be frank with you guys, because of my previous pregnancy and birth, I am scared to death of a repeat... So, everything that didn't happen last time, that may happen this time is so important to me.. I do not want to end up not progressing during labor again and ending up with another EMCS..

It's common for babies to drop and come back up in subsequent pregnancies as well, so if you've noticed you've dropped now, baby could still come back up.

Had no idea. Good to know though.

I googled it. I sure hope she just stays put.

I am absolutely sure now that she has dropped:

Not only haver kicks moved down a little lower, and I gotta pee every 10 minutes. But it is quite noticeable even in the pictures!

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h437/HotaruFhang/defasigndrop_zpsj9rvtir7.png

I see it a bit, but she could still come up back, so don't get too disappointed if she does. This was me in my last pregnancy at 38, 39, and 40 weeks

Attachments

• belly.jpg
    belly.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 2
I see it a bit, but she could still come up back, so don't get too disappointed if she does. This was me in my last pregnancy at 38, 39, and 40 weeks

Will keep it mind. Just really hope she stays put.

It's definitely possible! My midwife told me at my 28 weeks appointment the bub was quite low with her head in my pelvis and at my last appointment at 31 weeks she had lodged her head even deeper in and my midwife said she doubts she would change positions at this point. I'm 33 weeks now and at my birth class last night my bump is definitely sitting lower than anyone else's! She's noticeably dropped a lot. So I'd say you're right, you know your body best

It's definitely possible! My midwife told me at my 28 weeks appointment the bub was quite low with her head in my pelvis and at my last appointment at 31 weeks she had lodged her head even deeper in and my midwife said she doubts she would change positions at this point. I'm 33 weeks now and at my birth class last night my bump is definitely sitting lower than anyone else's! She's noticeably dropped a lot. So I'd say you're right, you know your body best

I have a prenatal appointment tomorrow, so I will bring it up with my doctor, see what she thinks.
But my bump is so much lower than it had be, it actually makes it difficult to climb stairs. And in the comparison photo it looks like my bump shrank in 4 days. I will definitely update after my appointment tomorrow.

I know what you mean about having difficulty with stairs! And walking up any kind of hill, it's like I'm being pulled downwards by the pelvis / hips

I know what you mean about having difficulty with stairs! And walking up any kind of hill, it's like I'm being pulled downwards by the pelvis / hips

Exactly! it is quite difficult. Pretty exhausting to when you have to run up and down the stairs several times a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->