Dr's appointment

jo14

Mum of 4
Reaction score
When did everyone make their first Dr appointment or let Dr know. I am thinking I will ring mine next week at 6 and a bit weeks

Well I called my doctor at about 4 weeks because I had a few medical questions. They told me to schedule an appointment right away because generally they want to see you around 7-9 weeks the first time and the appointment slots fill up fast. So I would at least call your doctors office and see what they think is best :thumbup:

With both of my pregnancies I called the doctor the day I found out I was pregnant, and they will decide when they want to see you. It's best not to schedule before 8-12 weeks because you won't be able to see much any earlier than that, and for me that is a little worrisome even though I know it is to be expected. Congrats! :happydance:

In my neck of the woods the midwife sees you at 8 weeks, so I'd book in soon as they tend to only work one day a week in the drs surgery and move around to others/community the rest of the week.

Congrats!

Oh I was thinking of leaving it. If I leave it till gone six weeks maybe will miss the midwife. Will ring them tomorrow and ask when is best.

This Thursday is my first midwife appointment and I'll be just short of 9 weeks however because doctor was going on first day of last period they take it as though I will be nearly 11! I personally think this is an awful long time to wait to see a midwife!

have you not got an appointment through for your 12 week scan or anything yet either Cheryl??

My midwife couldn't fit me in until 9 weeks and I rang to book at 5. Bank holiday Monday coming didn't help as she only works then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->