Drug free birth saved my sons life

N

nickyXjayno

Hi girls thought I would give one the reasons a natural labour is so good for both mum and baby.
My labour was fast and unrelenting resulting in my son, for reasons still unknow exactly why, being repeatedly denied oxygen during it.
He was born not breathing and had to be resusitated & emergency driven to nearest hospital with oxygen mask on as he could not breath unaided.
The drs in nicu told me had I taken any drugs which would have hindered my reactions or his he would have not survived birth or the ambulance drive to the hospital.

Because I had not taken pain relief I was fully aware of the danger he was in and instinct took over and I pushed him out within 13 minutes of hearing his heart slowing down.
Because I had not taken drugs his body was not hindered in anyway so the nicu drs were able to work on him straight away and get his body working without worrying about him being over dosed on drugs etc.
He was fresh, pure and nothing was slowing his body down.

Had I taken pethidine for example, which slows the heart rate and makes it harder for them to breath as their so out of it, he would not have made it to the ambulance outside let aone to nicu.

Also another positive is that because I wasn't drugged up I had my wits about me and was able to deal with everything that was happening.

Goodluck girls!!

oh gosh! that must of been hurrendous for you. definatly a brilliant reason for drug free births. ive never had pethadine because of the effect it has on the baby, and now im even more so adiment to never ever have it. infact for my planned hb with last lo i didnt even bother getting a prescription for some and wont next time. xx

Wooow , thank you for sharing your story . Thank God your baby is ok I also believe in Natural birth !
God Bless ,

Thanks for sharing.. glad your LO is ok! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"