Drug free hypnobirth story :)

Popples1

Reaction score
After a sweep on my due date and plus loss over a couple of days, I started having surges (hypnobirthing speak for contractions) at 9.30/10pm on Monday. I pottered about at home and did some breathing then I went into hospital at 2am. I was examined and found to be 2 dilated and given the option of going home. However, my instincts told me to stay so I had a hot bath for 30 mins or so, putting a hot wet towel on my bump - lovely! Once I got out I found the surges getting stronger and intense enough to make me whimper/moan through them. I tried my TENS machine and asked to know my options for pain relief. Although I'd really wanted a drug free birth originally, I was rapidly thinking I'd need something stronger. However, as I was only in early labour I was offered a couple of codeine (which I took) and then I panicked a bit about how wimpy I was being, thinking I couldn't possible handle getting to 10cm if I was struggling so much already. Before the midwife left again I felt a small gush (tiny bit of red blood) and reported feeling pressure in my bottom. I was examined again and was informed I was now 9cm... And had got there with no pain relief and in just 2 hours! No wonder it felt intense!

I was whisked off to the birthing pool and spent about 45 mins pushing him out, using only gas and air. The pushing bit was actually amazing - the urge was so strong that the pain from the surges almost disappeared and if anything I was trying to hold back the power a bit. Pushing and feeling him move down was the best thing in the world. Obviously it stung a lot when he crowned but it was so satisfying I didn't really care. Gas and air really helped too and gave me something to bite down on. I was growling like a wild animal with every push, which also helped me focus downwards. By the time he arrived at 5.58, I felt like a superhero :happydance:

Even though I couldn't consciously focus on my hypno-techniques after I got out of the bath, I'm convinced they created a belief in myself that allowed my labour to progress so quickly and naturally. My baby boy is also so chilled that breastfeeding has been difficult because he can't actually be bothered! We're working through that at the moment and he's really improved now.

Just wanted to share, particularly for other hypno-mums. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->