Drunk people are so annoying!!

baileybubs

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've had a fabulous Christmas and I hope you all have too, my only small bug bear is that I hate being the only sober person!!! Not because I even want a drink, the sound of a large glass of water is much more appealing lol!! But you never realise just how annoying people can be when they've had a drink! My family aren't exactly leg less but even just tipsy is annoying when you just don't seem to get what's so funny and have to repeat yourself 10 times!

Just had a mini debate with my dad who insisted it was Don Cheadle who was Keira Knightlys husband in Love Actually and I know full well it isn't! But he was insistant! Then they were all talking rubbish over the film so I couldn't hear anyway so I've decided to come to bed, I've had a lovely day, now let's just hope no one disturbs me and my dd when they come to bed later!

Ahhh I can relate! Christmas Day wasn't so bad - my father is my drinking buddy and he stayed sober this year apparently to not make me jealous!

My work Christmas function, however, was a completely different story. I am normally one of the drunkest people at the work function but this year was on apple juice and water. It was so... eye-opening. Everyone was so drunk and in everyone else's faces, they got really "grabby" and yeah ugh it was quite unpleasant!! And the arguments.... when you're sober and you KNOW you're right and they just won't listen! Frustrating :growlmad:

ahhhhhh.. reminds me of last night. lol my boyfriend called me at freaking FOUR IN THE MORNING!! I had JUST fallen asleep too.. I was so mad it's not even funny!!!! haha merry Christmas :) and I understand! lol

Oh my god tell me about it! Was at SIL house last night and they had some of there friends over and I was the only sober one and it all kicked off drunken argument the lot my SIL other half ended up at a&e at 1am cause he decided to punch a light and needed 3 stitches then on his way home decided to punch a wall and split his stitches open!! My job role last night was chief baby sitter ... Next year we are having Christmas at home!!x

Glad it's not just me ladies! Next year it's just gonna be me df and the kids I think! So happy tonight to be on my own with LO lol, peace and quiet whilst family have gone home and df is at work!

I know how you feel I told DH last night that we are doing Christmas at home next year!

Finally home, DH is watching the football and both kids are playing with there toys Santa got them so going to have some mummy time in the bath xx

Lol I'm just putting dd to bed now and then relaxing in front of the sofa with some cheese and crackers and maybe a mince pie or two lol! But knowing me I'll be asleep by 8:30 haha!
Love Christmas time with the family but it's nice to have a little normality back this evening lol!

I will be honest I was at a Christmas Eve dinner where everyone was drinking and it was the loudness and smell of alcohol combined that just about did me in. I actually had a small glass of wine and that helped me to at least get over the smell part lol. It was a very nice bottle and I didn't kno if I'd be able to appreciate it since drinking hasn't sounded good at all and I hadn't imbibed yet since knowing but it was lovely lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->