dry cleaning only

kosh

proud new mum!
Reaction score
I've recently bought a kilt for my son on ebay. It has a tiny mark on the back and I noticed it is supposed to be dry cleaning only - do you think I could still use a damp cloth to clean it?
thanks!

I would do that, dry clean only usually means not to sling it in the washing machine rather than literally do not get it wet if that makes sense :) (I have also washed so called dry clean only items in the machine and they have been fine lol)

damp cloth is fine, the main issue with kilts is that they an shrink if put in washing machine and all the folds would come out. damp cloth is totally fine though.

damp cloth is fine, the main issue with kilts is that they an shrink if put in washing machine and all the folds would come out. damp cloth is totally fine though.

that takes me to my next question
a couple of teh pleats at the back are a bit undone, any tricks?

Steam iron and by that I mean dampen a cotton tea towel then use that between the kilt and iron to press the pleats in.

Damp cloth will be fine, and as pp said iron the pleats with a damp cloth too.

I often wash dry clean items on a delicate wash, but I wouldn't do my husband's kilt, that would always be a dry clean only job (apart from the spot cleaning with a damp cloth obviously). Never wash anything containing acetone though - it crumples up like newspaper - it's often used in things like bridesmaid/prom dresses especially in the lining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->