Dry or wet pailing?

bubbles

1DS, 1DD & preggo
Reaction score
I know different people prefer different things but which is best? Hoping to start Ed in cloth tomorrow :happydance:

i dry pail. i've never wet pailed but as i have no problems with staining it seems pointless to have a bucket of nasty stinky water :shrug:

have fun tomorrow :happydance:

I think most nappy companies now recommend dry pailing as wet pailing can cause the fibers of some materials to break down quicker, also it can cause PUL & the elastic in nappies & wraps to break down alot quicker

I mostly dry pail but I do wetpail inserts that have lots of poo on them. I only wash at 30 degrees though so I feel like wet pailing in a bit of Napisan helps kill the nasties and it's helped prevent stains on my Flip inserts. I don't usually soak anything with PUL or elastic though unless there's been a particularly messy situation!

I only dry pail, havent ever wet pailed or rinsed anything before putting it in the nappy box as I found it made things worse! I rarely have any stain issues (never on my day nappies) the only thing that does stain are Flip Organic inserts (and my wool apparently!) but they always sun out.

I dry pail but I rinse pooey nappies before pailing. I use yesterday's bath water so that I don't waste water! ;)

I dry pail. I don't think wetpailing is recommended for MCN. Definately not for ones with PUL in them, as it tends to break them down. I've never had any problem getting out poop stains in the wash, even when they have been the bucket overnight.

Thank you. That makes it a bit easier as I haven't got to demolish the house looking for the box of nappy soak I have shoved somewhere (probably in some cupboard)

Yep, we dry pail too, and have yet to have any staining issues.

I dry pail. I also rinse off poopy nappies under the shower, wring them out and then put them in the bucket which works fine for us.

I also dry pail. I can't even imagine having a wet pail sitting around. :sick: No offense to those that do. :blush: We've never had issues with staining either. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->