Dry skin and scalp help needed please!

Tink84

Mummy to 1
Reaction score
Hi :)

I am totally driven to despair and running out of ideas! And if something is not done soon I am going to loose my sanity :(

Since having my lo 7 months ago nearly my skin on my face and face have been very dry!

Docs prescribed steroid cream for my face as was itching like mad and it has improved a little! Was prescribed Aveeno moisturiser too which calms and soothes it though doesn't take away the dryness! The next day my skin is back to being scaly and dry! I don't wear make up!

My scalp is equally as bad :( Have lumps on it due to scratching so much!
I was my hair every other day and avoid anti dandruff shampoos as suggested by a hairdresser and avoid hair products which is so difficult as I have thick curly hair so need something to tame it!

I am practically in tears as really can't take any more! I was my hair and seconds later it's itching again :(

I am not the type to waste doctors time and not even sure if they can prescribe me anything!

I am willing to try anything now! Does anyone recommend any products for either?

This won't work for every one, but I have dermatitis on my scalp and the ONLY thing that works is organic apple cider vinegar. I spray in on before I wash and let it sit for a while, then rinse it out. I also put in on after I shampoo and before I condition.

You may have to dilute it, and it stings a little, but it takes my itch away. I came across this idea while looking for natural ways to prevent scalp itching.

I also use lavender, rosemary, and peppermint essential oils mixed with coconut oil to prevent dryness.

Also Listerine rinses work too..sounds odd..but it does the trick.

For the face, you could try organic coconut oil.

My son suffers very very bad eczema, his whole body is covered in it. He was prescribed a steroid cream that worker wonders called hydrocortisone. But suddenly that stopped working.... Since then we have been using bio oil every day we apply it to his body and it has cleared up all his dry cracked itchy skin. Only problem we have is if we skip it for a day it comes back straight away :-/ I think it's a case of hit and missing trying different things until you find something that works :-(

I'd also recommend organic coconut oil :) I don't have dry skin, but use this every day after a shower/bath. I also use it on my 18 month old. You can definitely use it directly on your skin, and put some in your hair while you're in the shower, let it sit for a few minutes after lathering it really well, and rinse out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->