Dry skin

LilysMummy

Lily's Mum
Reaction score
The last few days Ive noticed Lily has got quite bad dry skin on her ankles and wrists and in little patches on her legs and arms :(
Is there anything that I can do to help her. I know I have to be careful with products as shes only 12 days old.
Thanks ladies :hugs:

xx

diprobase :) its extremely mild! or aquaeous(sp) cream :)

I use E45, recomended by dr.

x

personally i wudnt use e45, as it is quite harsh! im allergic to it, summin water based like diprobase or tht shud b fine tho :)

Noah had relly dry skin for ages around his wrists ankles & back of his knees!

My HV told me to use Grape Seed oil which you pick up from the supermarket or just normal olive oil, basically any kind of oil which doesn't contail any trace of nuts!

I asked why not baby oils/creams etc but she said its better to use nataural rather than stuff with all diff chemicals or perfume, also if it goes on their hands and they put their hands in their mouth then you don't know exactly whats going in their bodies & if its safe!

Where as with cooking type oils we can eat it so we know its safe to and its not got all sorts of chemicals in!

At first I thought it was crazy, and when I done baby massage at one of the groups we used 'Flora' oil (small amt) and it was actually so much nicer and absorbed better! When I done massage with noah at bed time I was using the sleep sensations oil but now I use a little olive oil so I know its safe!!

xx

Callum had really dry skin around his ears and above his eyes, health visitor told me to use vaseline, seemed to work.

Sofia had exactly the same thing and my MW suggested olive oil. It worked a treat, and the dry skin was gone within a week!! :happydance:

Juleika had very dry skin when she was born and they advised to use olive oil. the condition of her skin improved quickly :hi:

Thanks girls :D DO I have to bath her before I put it on (olive oil) or can I use it anytime ?

xx

I used it on Sofia straight after a bath and I also used it in the mornings when i dressed her x

in any case use it after every time you bath her and then on top when you change her e.g.

apparently you can use it any time.

we used it for Juleika three times a day in the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->