DS going to new school for 1st grade? worried...

campost006

Reaction score
DS turns 6 in august and I recently moved and am 27 weeks preg. DS seems to be on edge about switching schools and I feel really bad since all these changes are being made in his life (new baby, new home, new school, new friends) I am really scared/worried about it. I don't want him to feel like we don't love him and I am having mixed feelings about it all. I am nervous for him for his 1st day of school even though it is easy for him to make friends. I just worry. Am I overreacting?????

I don't think you are overreacting, that is a lot to deal with for a six year old. Have you talked to him about it? What does he say?

He is pretty much ok with everything but switching schools. He loves the school he is at and all his friends

That's good then, hopefully he will get used to the new school. I think making friends will make a huge difference to how he feels about it. I'm sure he doesn't feel like you don't love him. Maybe invite some kids over for a play date after a couple of weeks as this is what my kid's teachers have advised me as a way for them to make more friendships.

I think kids can be really resilient, you say he is good at making friends which is great. He will obvs say he wants to stay where he is as it's comfortable for him but if you feel the right thing is to move school, he will get used to it and probably end up loving the new school :flow:

I agree with making the effort with playdates etc.

All the best x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->