Dtd before ovulation

Pne1985

Reaction score
Me and my husband dtd exactly 5 days before ovulation. I know sperm lasts usually 5 days at the most sometimes 6 or 7 but my cm isn’t anything to brag about. So has anyone gotten pregnant by dtd 5 days before O without having fertile cm? I’m hoping his sperm loved the atmosphere they were in and stuck around for an egg to drop! Haha

I think that the 5 days is best case scenario under ideal conditions, so I wouldn't necessarily be holding my breath if that was the only time you DTD leading up to ovulation. But you never know, it just takes one little sperm lol

Yeah I think it's more if they have ideal conditions such as ewcm. It's possible, but I wouldn't think it's very likely.

I've not gotten pregnant with BD the day before O. From my experience I've only gotten pregnant with lots of BD in the 3 to 4 days before and including O. However, everyone one is different and you never know. Conceiving is a lot like roulette, the luck of it. Good luck!

Thank you. Yes I am hoping it’s good enough even without not having the right type of cm. We aren’t trying but I’m more or less hoping. I o’d a day early this month so that why I was curious! I didn’t have to try hard with my 3 other pregnancies so maybe that will work in my favor!

We’re in the same boat this month...either 4/5 days before ovulation as OH had to work away after that!
Do you chart? What dpo are you?

We’re in the same boat this month...either 4/5 days before ovulation as OH had to work away after that!

I do chart. I am on cd7 and FF has my next period due on the 29th. I think it should be the 30th though as I’ve never had a 24 day cycle. What about you?

I do chart. I am on cd7 and FF has my next period due on the 29th. I think it should be the 30th though as I’ve never had a 24 day cycle. What about you?

Currently 11/12dpo but FF puts me as ovulating on cd12 (I think cd13) which means period should come cd 26/27 as I ovulated early.

Your cycle length is determined by when you ovulate and how long your LP is. Is this your first charting month?

Currently 11/12dpo but FF puts me as ovulating on cd12 (I think cd13) which means period should come cd 26/27 as I ovulated early.

Your cycle length is determined by when you ovulate and how long your LP is. Is this your first charting month?

Have you tested or can you resist and wait? And no it’s my 5th or 6th month and I ovulated on cd 12 in May and still had a 25 day cycle so we will see. I know they had my ovulation day wrong last month also. I don’t temp at the same exact time each day and I get up to pee once a night and our daughter sleeps with me so sometimes sleep is interrupted so I don’t have ideal temps

I’ve tested for the last 5 days and all bfn so not very hopeful!
Have you tested yet?

So how many days until af is suppose to come? And yes I did today of course and negative. I couldn’t resist!! Haha

So how many days until af is suppose to come? And yes I did today of course and negative. I couldn’t resist!! Haha

I think Thursday but this is my first cycle temping since having my daughter so will be interesting to know my LP!

I think Thursday but this is my first cycle temping since having my daughter so will be interesting to know my LP!

Well you still have a few days left so you’re not out yet! Good luck! Keep me updated on what happens!

We dtd 4 days before my app sayings I’m supposed to ovulate, so that was 3 days ago. My back hurts today though so I wonder if I’m ovulating a day early?

I’m wanting to dtd ahead of time since I’m trying for a girl lol. I heard female sperm last longer? Both pregnancies before we dtd on O day and I have two boys sooooo.... trying this!

We dtd 4 days before my app sayings I’m supposed to ovulate, so that was 3 days ago. My back hurts today though so I wonder if I’m ovulating a day early?

I’m wanting to dtd ahead of time since I’m trying for a girl lol. I heard female sperm last longer? Both pregnancies before we dtd on O day and I have two boys sooooo.... trying this!

Maybe you’re just gearing up to ovulate and will tomorrow? Do you temp? I usually get pains and pinching before O also and then it seems to last a couple days after O as well!

I’ve heard that also but also googled this online to see if anyone fell pregnant from dtd way before O. It seemed like on the one forum there were more boys conceived so I guess it’s hard to tell! I wish I would have kept track of both our kids (1 boy and 1 girl) to see if it proved that theory right!

Maybe you’re just gearing up to ovulate and will tomorrow? Do you temp? I usually get pains and pinching before O also and then it seems to last a couple days after O as well!

I’ve heard that also but also googled this online to see if anyone fell pregnant from dtd way before O. It seemed like on the one forum there were more boys conceived so I guess it’s hard to tell! I wish I would have kept track of both our kids (1 boy and 1 girl) to see if it proved that theory right!

I don’t temp, I’m trying my best to be relaxed about trying lol, my husband is going to be away a lot over the next year so it’s hard to plan a good time for baby so we are trying to go with a when it happens it happens approach, but obviously every month I’m dying to get pregnant!!!

I’ve never had ovulation pain before so this is different. Or that I can remember, I really haven’t ovulated a lot in the past many years lol, since I’ve been pregnant or breastfeeding and not had my period for several months.

Ok, well there is a chance I might be pregnant. I took a test yesterday and today and believe there are 2 pink lines. It’s very faint yet as it was only 11dpo. I will update if it’s confirmed after a missed period and darker line. So if this is the case,you CAN get pregnant 5 days before O and not have fertile cm!! I’m in awe of its true!

Definitely make sure to keep us updated if that test gets darker!! And you should post a pic of it, to keep us all entertained!

I’m in a similar boat, we inseminated 2 days before ovulation, but did have fertile cm (ewcm) so I am trying to remain positive but do feel discouraged. I definitely miscalculated our ovulation date as we were sure it was going to be Thursday and it was Friday! So I’d love some hope if you were pregnant with 5 days before O!

Definitely make sure to keep us updated if that test gets darker!! And you should post a pic of it, to keep us all entertained!

I’m in a similar boat, we inseminated 2 days before ovulation, but did have fertile cm (ewcm) so I am trying to remain positive but do feel discouraged. I definitely miscalculated our ovulation date as we were sure it was going to be Thursday and it was Friday! So I’d love some hope if you were pregnant with 5 days before O!

So I just took a dollar tree test because I might have a slight problem if I have the tests handy! Haha. And it is definitely darker than the IC that I took today. I think you have a good chance if it was only 2 days before and had fertile cm!! You’ll have to keep ya updated also. I will probably wait a couple of days to test again.

Attachments

• F32EAD53-1178-4F1E-907B-DBCE6D3C540B.jpg
    F32EAD53-1178-4F1E-907B-DBCE6D3C540B.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 24
Definitely a positive! So unless the pre swimmers did the job, it is possible to get pregnant by dtd 5 days before O. We dtd 2 days after O but I don’t think that is even a possibility.

Attachments

• 9843B8B4-763D-404F-9B2D-CD676F9CB2CE.jpg
    9843B8B4-763D-404F-9B2D-CD676F9CB2CE.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 22

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012