Due at Christmas, what plans do you have?

We are staying home regardless as I'll be just about 38 weeks. Usually my husband's dad/step-mom host xmas eve but we are going to request xmas eve be by us instead as my hospital is right down the street from our home whereas his dad lives an hour away.

Xmas day we are having my mom and sister over for breakfast, will be doing a simple breakfast casserole and they'll bring extras. Then dinner will be here as well with husband's mom and siblings.

Doing potluck for everything so I won't have to cook anything, will probably just pick up a couple fruit trays and disposable plates/utensils so I don't need to clean anything lol

Santa will happen regardless as my mom will be staying with the girls if I go into labor.

I'll just about 38 weeks. We will probably do Christmas at home since my MIL is going to be staying with us the last month of my pregnancy to help with my dd and be there just incase my DH is at work. I'm probably going to have something like a crockpot meal ready for dinner that way I'm not stressing over it.

I'm due December 10th with my second, but my first was 13 days late and I was in hospital for 3 days so I'm hoping history doesn't repeat itself! I wasn't induced with my first (labour started just before they wanted to induce me), but here they induce at 12 days over so I'm hoping I'll still be home by Christmas if this is the case.

My plans, regardless of when baby arrives, is to host Christmas at home. Sounds like more work but I don't want to stay anywhere else and I want my children home with me. We're inviting our parents for Christmas dinner, but with them understanding that they're doing a lot of the work if they're coming over (major joint effort of cooking, washing up, etc), they won't be staying over night and they will be gone pretty early. It may sound cruel, but I figured that if they know all this beforehand then it's their choice whether they want to come or not. It has already been made clear that they won't be waited on and it won't be all about new baby cuddles (though I'm sure they'll squeeze plenty in!).

Food will be coming from M&S this year for the first time, as apparently it's so simple, just chuck in the oven and it's tasty. Will get the turkey elsewhere, though. I am definitely looking forward to a glass of champers Christmas Day!

My motto this year.

If you wanna see kids....come visit cause im going no where

If you want food....buy it and make it

Etc etc lol

One day we bought our food from M&S a couple of years ago when we cooked for 11. It was amazing and I would definitely recommend it! So easy to cook and clear away as it all comes in easy trays. Tastes delicious :)

One day we bought our food from M&S a couple of years ago when we cooked for 11. It was amazing and I would definitely recommend it! So easy to cook and clear away as it all comes in easy trays. Tastes delicious :)

Fab, thanks. I'm already looking forward to it! I like the idea of throw in the oven, and then throw the trays in the bin! Also saves all the peeling and chopping! :)

M&S is like a big ready meal
Last year I used DSs black board and wrote all my times on it. So it was clear what goes in the oven at what time. Also means everyone can muck in and put x in the oven if they notice that it is time. Or at least give me a reminder about it.

Can you not have Christmas at your home, but let someone else do the work? lol

I am hoping we can crash someone else's Xmas dinner :haha: hubby is not fussed about Xmas dinner at all, but I love it! Xmas is not Xmas for me without roast turkey. I missed it last year as we were away on holiday, it was fine as we had loads of snow instead but I think if I had to go without Xmas dinner in the UK I would be disappointed. This baby better not come on 25th!!

I'm due Christmas as well 12/24
All we know is that Christmas shopping will be done and wrapped in November. No idea what else, but we like it low key after delivery.

Not quite a Christmas Day issue but I was advised yesterday that wrapping presents with a bump isn't the easiest thing to do!!!
I better get shopping asap.

Not quite a Christmas Day issue but I was advised yesterday that wrapping presents with a bump isn't the easiest thing to do!!!
I better get shopping asap.

Its probably easier than doing it 0300 Christmas Eve rip roaring drunk after popping out at 1900 for one drink as you still have to wrap present :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->