Due date today! Anyone else waiting?

star25

Reaction score
Hello ladies, just seeing who else is out there waiting for their precious bundles to arrive and wants to wait it out together? :coffee:

I've waited so long for this you'd think I would be more patient after all this time but I just want her here now

Monday had some awful period type pain, through the night and Tuesday morning, today - nothing! :nope:

Booked in for a sweep tomorrow so hoping that will speed things up

for now keeping busy with housework and bouncing on my ball

I am here with you
I am 3 days past my due date (sticker is slightly off)
DS arrived at 40+3, so i was expecting her to make an appearance by now as well, so frustraiting!
I dont have any sumptoms, just some odd tithening and pressure below, but i did not have anything before i went into labout with my son either..
I will get sweep only at 41 weeks, so on Sunday

Hopefully yours will work!
Are you doing anything to speed up things or just waiting?

Hi :)

I'm not doing anything to try and speed it up as don 't think anything would really work, only thing I think might work is to keep moving and exercising on my ball

I agree, it is frustrating and I'm not passed my due date yet
I think it's because I always had a feeling she would be early and now she's not I'm a bit put out lol, also the pains I had mon and tues got my hopes up but they've gone now

Hopefully our sweeps will work!

I am 40+4 today. I have my obgyn appointment today, so we'll talk about getting something done probably next week if nothing happens. I only get the odd cramping feeling and not a lot of braxton hicks. I'm not trying anything to get things started, I just try and go for daily walks. I am getting impatient though, seeing newborn babies makes me tear up a bit because I don't have mine yet.

Star25 its hard when your body is up to something and then it all fades away. Especially if you had a feeling she might be early :)
I am having RLT and EPO, these things dont induce labour, but i am convinced my short pushing stage last time was down to RLT
I had a hot curry, daily walks but not convinced any of these will help anyway :)

Diannam, it does not help when people who shared the same due date with you or were due little later had their babies few weeks ago..so weird to think that their baby might be month old by the time your arrives:)

Hi diannam, come and join us in the waiting for hopefully not too long, will you be having a sweep do you think?

Well my doctor didn't say anything about giving me a sweep. I'll be booked for a NST on Sunday and I am supposed to be induced on Monday if nothing that happens. I will be 41+2.

First time pregnant and my doctor told me nothing about how they will be inducing me. I did have to sign a form giving consent to a oxytocin drip though if that is any indication. I felt pressure to just sign with no information. I really hope my baby comes on his own. I want my first labor experience to be natural.

Hi girls, I am a few days past my due date and really fed up as well :-( I knew I'd probably go a week or so over as first baby but I still feel so impatient and want him here now, every day goes forever .... I've been off work since 34wks so I am soooo bored and over it.

I think what has made it worse is finding out other first time mums are having their babies on or before their due date - I do a pregnancy swimming class and one by one they all had their babies, makes me feel really upset and jealous.

MIL was texting me every single day but I had DH have a word to her and she is leaving me alone now.

What's upsetting and stressful for me is I've had bad cramping and pain for 1-2 wks now that goes nowhere so it feels like I'm in pain for nothing. Last night was the worst, lower back pain and cramping, I almost collapsed trying to walk to the toilet, had to take panadol and use heat packs to get to sleep, and then wake up feeling perfectly fine. Feels like I'm being punished or something.

I don't believe any old wives tales really work either however have tried bouncing on my ball, using a breast pump, walking and lots of sex. Have been losing huge amounts of mucus plug for a week as well. I'll be induced in a week if I don't go into labour by then. I have always been soooo against induction but I really don't care anymore, I just want him out!

Welcome meg :)

Hope you won't have long to wait either!

I haven't tried lots of sex yet but maybe I should lol just don't have the energy

I've been off work since about 32 week's due to back problem so I feel your boredom and frustration, especially with having pains leading to nowhere

Sweep today, wish me luck, I had some low down pains last night, more tightenings than period type pain I have been getting

I haven't tried lots of sex yet but maybe I should lol just don't have the energy

I've been off work since about 32 week's due to back problem so I feel your boredom and frustration, especially with having pains leading to nowhere

Sweep today, wish me luck, I had some low down pains last night, more tightenings than period type pain I have been getting

star25 good luck with your sweep today, let us know how it goes. Hopefully it will start things for you
I am getting fed up people calling and texting asking about the news, incl OH when he is at work, every time i call/message him
He is asking if any news...

Good luck for your sweep! My ob doesn't seem interested in giving me one, haven't had any examinations or anything :-( Can't reach myself and had DH have a go last night but he couldn't reach either arrrggh

Iren-iren if anyone is being super annoying ignore them or tell them you will let them know if any news. I think it is so rude to be wanting updates everyday, I had to get my DH to tell my MIL to stop, she is mad at me now but I don't care!

Good luck with your sweep star25, hopefully it gets things going. Iren_iren I have the same thing too with people wanting an update, I just want to say to them if something changes I will let them know, at least my husband isn't doing it to me too.

Hi ladies, I'm with you with the annoying msgs and txts asking for updates! Fed up repeating myself, if she was here you would know and if she's on her way I'm not about to stop and start giving out updates!

My sweep wasn't great, she attempted but my cervix was too high, she managed a bit and said it might start a show but it hasn't, so disappointed yesterday, she said just cos cervix was high didn't mean anything wouldn't happen so as can lower in Labour but I was there for nearly 2 hours waiting for a midwife as mine was off sick and all for that!
I could have rearranged but was determined to get my sweep

Go back next weds for another if she isn't here and induction would be the monday after that but will be booked in by next week ready for Monday in case induction is needed

I've got a new plan today not to expect anything to happen and make myself think I've got to wait til next weds so I can be disappointed lol

Hope you're all well ladies or busy giving birth!

I'm also with you guys... I'm still 6 days from my due date (DS was born 6 days before EDD!).... Had some aches and pains that seemed promising a few days ago, then a sweep Wednesday morning but nothing seems to progress. We are sooooo eager to meet this little one! Hang in there ladies!

Hey mommychris welcome, are you keeping yourself busy to pass time or making the most of getting more rest in if you can?

Can I join in? I'm fine days over, starting to feel really blue about it, my ds1 didn't come until 13 days late, very worried same thing will happen :-(
No sweep here until 41 weeks so I'll get one on Monday.

Hi indi, it's frustrating isn't it, hope you don't have too long to wait again, I'm trying not to think about it but I'm deperate for her to be here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->