Due in 2 weeks- need name help!!!

Starkette

Reaction score
It's down to the wire and I'm going nuts! :wacko: So many names to consider, so little time. I can't sleep because I'm think of names and combos and...*sigh* I need help.

Here is our narrowed down list, I need help with determining which is BEST for a real baby girl (which would you choose and why?) and what combos are best (suggestions welcome!)

Last Name: Stark

Raina Cadence (this middle name is set, DH is a musical guy and this seems to flow very nicely with our last name)

Nova _____ ?
Top contenders:
Nova Violet (meh)
Nova Medley (I don't like, but DH does)
Nova Elise
Nova Felicity

Avalon ________?
Possible mn ideas, none really sticking out:
Avalon Violet
Avalon Elise
Avalon Cadence
Avalon Persephone (DH loves Persephone...I'm on the fence)
Avalon Olivia
Avalon Rosalie
Avalon Juliet
Avalon Valentina

Thoughts? Suggestions? All help appreciated!

I love your name choices! Did I understand correctly that she will have two middle names, something and Cadence? Elise and Cadence go beautifully to my ears. So I would err toward Nova Elise or Avalon Elise if I was going on how they sound. On the other hand, I really like Avalon Olivia and Avalon Rosalie too, so I'm not sure.

I absolutely love Elise.. Nova Elise has such a lovely ring to it xx
Also quite like felicity xx

I absolutely love Elise.. Nova Elise has such a lovely ring to it xx
Also quite like felicity xx

Just one middle name, sorry for the confusion! Raina Cadence combo is sealed tight, but the other two- Nova and Avalon have no middle name but lots of possibilities- and that's where I'm going crazy!

Nova Elise is high on the list....sounds like it has many fans! What else do you like/not like?

Raina Cadence - This is beautiful and flows nicely together. I like each name separately as well, but together is perfect!

Nova Violet - I'm not sure if this flows well...Something odd about these two names together.
Nova Medley - Really not a fan, sorry. Medley doesn't seem like a name to me...But if there is some connection behind it I apologize. Just don't think this works for a name realistically.
Nova Elise - Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Flows perfectly and just rolls off the tongue. Very strong girly name!! LOVE!
Nova Felicity - I like both names separately but together they just seem...un-fitting..

Avalon Violet - It's okay
Avalon Elise - Really like this. Elise seems to work very nicely with this also.
Avalon Cadence - Like this but seems kindof harsh-sounding rather than girly.
Avalon Persephone - Eh, just seems like too much of a name.
Avalon Olivia - This flows super nicely!! The A and O sounds really compliment each other I think!!
Avalon Rosalie - Hmm...Undecided on this one. Just don't think it works actually.
Avalon Juliet - Pretty, but just doesn't seem "perfect"
Avalon Valentina - Eh, not a fan I'm sorry. Just seems like they don't work together.

My favorite you have is Nova Elise. I'm actually not sure if I like the name Avalon completely, but Avalon Elise or Avalon Olivia flows nicely IMO. Raina Cadence is also beautiful.

Cadence Elise would be gorgeous as well I think!

Raina Cadence - lovely name, suits a child and an adult and is unique without being wierd or causing problems later in life

Ah!! Thank you all so much! So far, it seems that Elise is the best fit for both Avalon and Nova, and Olivia for Avalon as well. It really helps clear some things and give me a clearer picture as to what direction to go with names.

I guess I will be bringing three names to the hospital with me!

Nova Elise, by miles. It's beautiful.

Not keen on Avalon. It totally lacks femininity when compared to the gorgeous Nova Elise!

presenting the new 'Nova Elise'... 0 to 60 in 3.25 seconds with double air bags and built in roll cage its the best a family can get - lol

sorry but it just really sounds like a car make to me

That's because it flows so perfectly and sounds exciting and dynamic yet feminine. Marketing types for successful products know how to come up with beautiful names that stick. Those qualities are benefits. The names are most definitely human, most definitely female and most definitely wonderful. I wouldn't hesitate to use it, and honestly, the "car" thing never occurred to me.

I've never been so enthusiastic about a name suggestion on here! :haha: If the OP doesn't use it, I will!

That's because it flows so perfectly and sounds exciting and dynamic yet feminine. Marketing types for successful products know how to come up with beautiful names that stick. Those qualities are benefits. The names are most definitely human, most definitely female and most definitely wonderful. I wouldn't hesitate to use it, and honestly, the "car" thing never occurred to me.

I've never been so enthusiastic about a name suggestion on here! :haha: If the OP doesn't use it, I will!

Wow, that is so sweet and nice! I know the Nova is a type of car, and it never bothered me either. So many lovely names have been hijacked by car companies and I don't want to let them win. :haha:

I've been hesitant about Nova, though, because it is so unusual and doesn't have a logical nickname in case she wants to be more "normal" at times. But I love it so much! When we finally name her, I will let you all know what we decided. :flower:

Nova and Cadence are both on my names list! They're words I just thought would make great names, rather than names I got off a website or out of a book. Nova because I love the connection to the galaxy, and Cadence because I love its meaning and I was in drum core. Never thought to put them together though, Nova Cadence is AMAZING.

Also love Nova Elise!

Nova Felicity Stark

2 syllables 4 syllables 1 syllable

It's always key for a name to flow. In general the most "musical" "flowing" names have varied syllables. As a musician and artist, I'm struck by people not always thinking if this-it's so important!!

Variation of vowel ending "a" and "k" it ends very well, like a great in tune chord. It just sounds right.

Ryan Andrew Miller, all similar, a bit flat
Jon Scott Green ^^
Avalon Juliet Stark, doesn't sound perfect
Nova Violet, syllables overusing letters/letter patterns

These principles can apply to many names. Just keep it in your mind.

Elise has the. "Marie" "rose" "Anne" quality-it pretty much always works as a segue.

Good luck Hun-- youve got great choices!!

both Nova and Elise are car makes though so that's why it seems a bit over kill to me

Vauxhall Nova
&
Lotus Elise

if it was just Nova or just Elise then they are both cute names but its kind of like calling your child:

Magenta Blue - two colors
Melody Cadence - two music terms
Nova star - star star
River Lake - two bodies of water

what about using a similar name like Elsie or Ellesse?

both Nova and Elise are car makes though so that's why it seems a bit over kill to me

Vauxhall Nova
&
Lotus Elise

if it was just Nova or just Elise then they are both cute names but its kind of like calling your child:

Magenta Blue - two colors
Melody Cadence - two music terms
Nova star - star star
River Lake - two bodies of water

what about using a similar name like Elsie or Ellesse?

Thanks for the suggestions! I only recently heard about the Lotus Elise the other day and had no idea. But honestly, it doesn't bother me. I don't think a lot of people will know (or care) that both happen to be car models. I believe the Nova is actually a Chevy Nova.

My hubs likes Elise best so that's what we're sticking with at the moment. I'm still keeping Felicity in the running, though, because it flows so well as previously pointed out. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->