Due in 2 weeks- need name help!!!

both Nova and Elise are car makes though so that's why it seems a bit over kill to me

Vauxhall Nova
&
Lotus Elise

if it was just Nova or just Elise then they are both cute names but its kind of like calling your child:

Magenta Blue - two colors
Melody Cadence - two music terms
Nova star - star star
River Lake - two bodies of water

what about using a similar name like Elsie or Ellesse?

You're obviously somebody who knows about cars, but to a lot of people like me, who don't, your comparisons aren't similar in the slightest. Everybody knows what colours or bodies of water are called...Knowing about a "Lotus Elise" is comparatively esoteric knowledge. How many people would think of that first? Furthermore, how long is this make of car even going to be in peoples minds? They come and go. Also, they primarily do NOT mean "car", they mean what they mean and some car companies have happened to like the names and use them. River and lake just mean river and lake.

It's really not an issue in this case.

both Nova and Elise are car makes though so that's why it seems a bit over kill to me

Vauxhall Nova
&
Lotus Elise

if it was just Nova or just Elise then they are both cute names but its kind of like calling your child:

Magenta Blue - two colors
Melody Cadence - two music terms
Nova star - star star
River Lake - two bodies of water

what about using a similar name like Elsie or Ellesse?

You're obviously somebody who knows about cars, but to a lot of people like me, who don't, your comparisons aren't similar in the slightest. Everybody knows what colours or bodies of water are called...Knowing about a "Lotus Elise" is comparatively esoteric knowledge. How many people would think of that first? Furthermore, how long is this make of car even going to be in peoples minds? They come and go. Also, they primarily do NOT mean "car", they mean what they mean and some car companies have happened to like the names and use them. River and lake just mean river and lake.

It's really not an issue in this case.

Im the most unclued up person on cars ever :haha: they are both just very popular makes of cars that you hear all the time, like: fiesta, mini, micra, ka, saxo etc...

I also mentioned the name to 3 separate people and without saying anything they all made the car connection so its definitely not just me

I'd never heard of them, and although I'm not a car person I do leave the house and talk to people an average amount. My partner hadn't heard of them either :haha: :shrug:

I've never heard of any of those either (except the Ford Fiesta), but I'm in the US, so that might be why. :shrug:

But heck, Mercedes is a pretty popular name over here, so it's not like no one's ever been named after a popular car before and not gotten made fun of or seemed weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->