due induction tomorrow but think my waters have gone

Mummy2B1989

Reaction score
im being induced at 8am tomorrow at 38+4. I had a sweep on Wednesday and had spotting and cramping..the usual really. anyway..since last night ice had about 4 episodes of what id initially thought was slight urinary incontinence. this morning tho I checked it and it didnt smell like urine...mostly its been sticky like discharge so I thought it was my plug. a few times its just been wattery.

im a bit worried I dont get induced now and get told to wait..that could take days and days.

If I had induction scheduled for medical reasons will they have to keep to that and induce me even if it is my waters?

I'd give labour ward a call and explain your situation to them. If it is your waters it could be that they want to see you.

Id ring the hospital but i cant see why they'd refuse to go ahead. An induction usually is done by breaking waters early anyways :)

Hiya, with my first I was due to be induced but my waters broke the day before. They wanted to see me to check it was my waters gone and after they confirmed it was they sent me home with instructions to keep checking my temp. From my experience they don't like to leave it too long after your waters have gone, because of the risk of infection. I went home and started having contractions as the day went on, but never really progressed that far on my own, so I ended up on the induction drip the next morning anyway.

I'd definitely ring them because they will probably want to see you to check if it is your waters. Good luck!

i think if your due for induction anyway theyd just keep you in and keep going with it :) xx

If it is your waters they'll probably see if you go into labour naturally and if not they'll want to induce you anyway because of the risk of infection. Either way, good luck! :flower:

Most places want baby out within 48 hours of waters going. So if you didn't progress naturally. They would induce you :)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->