Due Today - Feeling Discouraged

redneckhippy

Reaction score
Well today us my due date and I just don't feel close at all. I'm starting to feel discouraged. For those who gave birth before did you feel like it was going to happen beforehand or does labor just catch you off guard? I just want my little boy here.

Well today us my due date and I just don't feel close at all. I'm starting to feel discouraged. For those who gave birth before did you feel like it was going to happen beforehand or does labor just catch you off guard? I just want my little boy here.

I had a midwife appointment at 40 weeks with my first LO and she wasn't engaged at all. I was so unbelievably discouraged, i cried! They say your first baby usually starts to descend into the pelvis a good fortnight before labour, so i thought 'this baby is never coming naturally!'. I went into labour naturally a week later, and she was born at 41+1 :happydance:

I have a midwife appointment this Weds, two days before i am due, and i am CERTAIN they'll tell me the same, baby isn't engaged, and if they do an internal check, i'll probably still be 0cm dilated :haha:

:hugs: I know how hard all this waiting is!!

First babies always take awhile!!! My first was born at 41+5 after help from having a foley bulb inserted. This time I'm 37+6 almost 2cms dilated and losing plug, having show/contracting.

With my first two babies, I'd be having a normal day, wake up at 6 am and by noon the contractions would begin and become consistent and next day baby is in my arms. It came out of nowhere for me and I delivered both my kids in the 36th week of pregnancy so I wasn't labor watching.

I hope it happens soon for you, I know the patience wears thin the last couple weeks of pregnancy.

I hope you have a very nice delivery and recovery.:flower:

With ds he came on my due date, waters went the day before and had a natural water birth. Totally didn't expect it as people usually say ohh you'll go over due! So fully expected to go over. He wasn't engaged either the day before my waters went. I had to go to hospital just to be checked out incase when his head engaged that it didn't trap the cord but all was fine. Good luck xxx

I had no signs. I watched my due date come and go. And was feeling like I was going to be pregnant forever! Went to sleep in night and woke up at 1am with contractions. Gave birth 24 hours later.
This time is frustrating but he will be here soon!

You know he's gonna come some time!

With my last DS I was symptom spotting every day around my due date. At 41 weeks I woke up and didn't feel like it was the day. 30 minutes later contractions start and 4 hours later he was born and we were all home by dinner time. You could get a feeling about it or it could completely take you by surprise when you least expect it :)

Well I'm not overdue officially. Watching the due date come and go is rather depressing.

I always think they should say to first time mums to expect 41 weeks. It's so disappointing watching the due date come and go with no baby!

I agree! It was a big bummer with my first (he was born at nearly 42 weeks) but it helps to remind yourself that he will come when ready. My first weighed 7 lb 11 oz and i kept thinking if he had been born when i wanted him to (38 weeks, lol), he would have been only 6 lbs. my second baby came 1 day before his due date and he weighed 9 lb 13 oz. they know when they're ready!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->