dukan diet/ 100lb+ would love a buddy!

wanttobe4

Reaction score
Hi there

I am aiming to lose 40lbs before I start trying for number 3, however, I need to lose around 100 to get to goal!

I plan on using the dukan diet and half an hour a day on the wii fit. Praying this combo will work as I promised myself no baby until ive lost a minimum amount of weight. Would love a buddy if anyone else is using dukan or wii fit or has lots of weight to lose!

Agood start tonight with 50 mins of wii fit.. and a choccie biscuit lol

i'm on the dukan diet just now. lost 29lbs in the 8 weeks before christmas, took a break for 2 weeks (put on 13lbs but it was worth it!!!) and now i'm 2 weeks back into the dukan diet and have lost 16lbs!! (13 from before and 3 new) all whilst gearing up for my first period since september!! eek!

i'm aiming to lost another 4stone at least with a break in march for me and lo's birthday. hoping to lost a stone before then..

have you started the diet yet?? you might find you don't have much energy for exercise the first couple of weeks...tbh, you can still lose weight and do no exercise at first!! i took advantage of that quite a bit hehe!!

Thats a great loss wd! I started it a couple of days ago butcheated with a biscuit, however, great day today and 500kcal burnt away!

it is a really tough diet when the carb cravings kick in. i sometimes get to the point i smell chocolate, or rice or anything i cant eat haha!! it is worth it thogh, i love that it works so quickly. from august-october last year i was at the gym 6 hours a week and cut carbs out of evening meals and i stayed the same weight!! (joys of pcos!)

have you done the dukan diet before? you'll likely lose about 7-8lbs in the first week going up to a stone by 3 weeks :D

i'll keep you company with the diet if u want...:)

That would be great! thats crazy no crabs and gym with no weightloss? That must have been very bad for motivation? I know if I put effort into something with no results its tough. So far so good but im bad at drinking the water lol, never been a fan. Whats your fav food eith dukan? I totally really on prawns lol

yeah, i got a bit fed up of that situation! only good thing was it helped pull in muscles after baby!

i'm big on steak, sugar-free jelly and peri-peri chicken just now. i do things to death then get sick of them...i have sickened myself of extra-lean mince so i have put myself off chili big style!! i was also over drinking pepsi max, think my teeth were starting to suffer so i've stopped drinking it all together, on really weak no-added sugar robinsons now.

i found this website when i first did the diet a few years back and really helps keep a bit of variety in the diet...

https://mydukandiet.com/

Thanks for that :) shall have a look! Im finding already that mince in particular is so blah lol. Omg peri peri chicken that sounds so good! Will have to try that. Just completed 1 hour 15 on wii fit 600 kcal gone!

that's brilliant! well done...wish i had ur motivation for exercise...think i'll have to force myself back to the gym! haha! !

the peri-peri chicken is amaaazing...i get a whole chicken from tescos that's already marinated in it then don't eat the skin, but the flavour's still there :D

nandos is good for eating out too either on pp or pv days as there's always something u can eat on either day!

chicken stir-fry is another good one...dry fry chicken, add low salt soy sauce, garlic and chili flakes, add stir fry veg and water if u need to and it's done! so good!! you could add prawns to that too. anything that's easy is good for me!

when i was first on the diet and felt like cheating i would have either a vanilla or toffee muller light yogurt, a bit high in sugar, but not the worst, and can count as a tolerated. i was also spying the options hot chocolate in tescos and checking out the sugar/fat content, and i'm reckoning it's ok, as it's 5% sugar and 1% fat...better than than the cheese on toast i was tempted with last night anyway! haha!!

hey there, how are you getting on with the diet now? have you had much weight loss so far?

Omg I love the vanilla yoghurt! I did try the piri chicken.. love it and hubby likes it too which is a bonus. Thank you for the idea!

I wish I had the motivation for eaating well as well as excercise lol. I had a chinese (rare date night) and was very upset to discover I was 4lbs heavier!! So gutted but I burned 750kcal with 90 mins of wii fit and hopefully will be down a bit tomorrow. Are you still on the dukan atm? X

not a problem :) we had peri-peri chicken last night and fajitas tonight (i just had salad instead of wraps with the filling and fat free fromage frais as a topping, yum!!

the worst thing about the diet is how quickly you put on weight when you eat normally (why i went up 13lbs over christmas and new year!) but it's really just water weight so should come off again quickly.

i'm still going! have lost 2.5 stone since october, 6 'new' pounds since i got rid of the regain this month. hoping to get down another stone and a half by march! going to be super strict for a while and hope it pays off!! i keep finding excuses not to go to the gym haha!!

hehe you sound similar to me but the other way round! Im great with the fitness but i keep cheating with food lol and you seem so motivated with food but not a gym fan! Thats great weight loss well done! Evil water weight lol x

Hi ladies, I'm also trying to loose weight, on high protein diet. Have you ever tried the ketostix that measure how well you're burning the fat? High protein puts you into ketosis which is a really efficient way of loosing weight (hence why Dukan focuses on protein, it produces the state of ketosis but keeps you feelig full) and it's actually the closest diet to what bariatrics clinics use (because it's successful).

Anyway, I was 210 at Christmas, 206 Jan 19 and today I just weighed in at 197 and I'm 5'9. I think being overweight has significantly effected my ability to get pregnant-it's messed up my hormones. I'm due for IVF in May if nothing happens before then. They often say you become super fertile when you lose weight because your body's hormones are fat soluable and burning the fat helps release hormones. FX anyway. It looks like you're doing well too. Have you tried protein powder/shakes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->