Dull back ache and period like cramps :-(

tylerlewis

Reaction score
Im nearly 35 weeks pregnant, woke up this morning with really bad back ache and period cramps.. nothing timeable just feels constant :-( Also had alot of watery discharge, feels like I'm peeing myself a little bit :dohh: Baby is head down but not sure if his engaged yet, but I'm feeling alot of pressure down below, feels like his gonna fall out:haha: Just wanna know if anyone else is experiencing this and does it mean labour is near?? Ive been induced twice and my first natural labour was 8 years ago so can't really remember!! Xx

When I went into labor, I thought I had really bad food poisoning! At first just constant cramping, pressure, and bowel movements. It wasn't until my mother pointed out that my stomach cramps were coming in close waves that I realized active labor had begun! :dohh: This might just be the start for you! Good luck!

Period cramps have eased a little now, back pain is still there tho :-( Gonna try a warm bath and paracetamol and see if that eases pain x

I've been having period type cramps for about a week.. but nothing constant. I'm due today and keep hoping things ramp up! :) But he'll come when he's ready.. I do feel him very low also.. don't you wish we could just tell?!

Aww.. I've had my baby now but this is like reliving the final few weeks of my pregnancy! I got these on and off, mainly in the evenings, for a few weeks unfortunately.. It's the baby getting into position and just your body gearing up for labour :flower:

I could have written your post :( I was up for a few hours last night with period pains and lots of BHs. I remember getting the same thing with DD - just not sure when(!) so not sure if things are imminent or weeks away. A couple of weeks at least I think - sigh. Feels like a bowling ball wants to drop out my stomach :( xx

I've been getting the period cramps for afew weeks now, but today they have been even stronger with back ache!! Don't see midwife till 24th :-( Bath and paracetamol have helped a little but still getting slight pains.. Hopefully not much longer now, as this is my last pregnancy would love labour to start naturally and not be induced again xx

I've been having period cramps on and off since 30 weeks. I've been having back ache and period cramps for the last 2 days with lots of tightenings at the top of my bump. I was at the hospital this morning to monitor movements and I had 4 strong tightenings in 20 minutes. I've also been feeling very sick for a few days now. I'm not sure if any of this means anything. Baby has also been head down since 25 weeks.

I hope the pains ease off for another couple of weeks for you.

Well with me it was the back ache/period pains in the evenings, then it moved on to on and off throughout the whole day but worse in the evenings (over a couple of weeks), then the day before I went into labour I started getting LOTS of tightenings that were painless in themselves, but was still getting the period pains and back ache. It all seemed lower down though.. And I was getting some sharp diarrhea type cramps really low down, like when you've got trapped wind or food poisoning that were coming and going. I had a bath to see if they died down (knowing that if it was false labour again they'd just fizzle out and if it wasn't they'd probably persist) and they didn't COMPLETELY go away but got a lot better. Went to bed that night and woke up at 4am with the same cramps but stronger and they were timeable now and consistent with the tightenings. They were coming every 4 minutes, but weren't very intense. And it just went from there! They got gradually more intense and frequent.

For the last week or so now I feel like I have very bad PMS. If I didn't know I was pregnant I would think that AF was surely on her way. I could go in labor any day now so I'm guessing that's what my body is gearing up for. Cramping, back ache, and moodiness. All the fun things about bein a woman haha ^_^

I've been having them on and off for about a week.. they are accompanied by BH.

Same thing happening with me. I came on here the other day to see if anyone else was experiencing it.... Guess I'm not alone.... :)

Oh my goodness!!!

I was up for over 3 hours the other night with the same thing. I've had it on and off for about two weeks now, but the other night, I woke to pee around midnight, and I was kept up by strong menstrual cramps and frequent (but not in a timed pattern) bh contractions. I couldn't get back to sleep until they calmed down a bit. I've had moments in the days since that have been so strong (menstrual cramp-wise) that I've gasped and freaked my hubby out :haha: Sorry, dh! :) Most of the time, they are just there, but sometimes, it gets sooooooo strong that I could swear my period was making an appearance. Not labor painful, but definitely makes me take notice.

Woken up this morning with strong menstrual pains again!! Gotta say tho even tho ive woken up in pain that was the best nights sleep ive had in weeks!! I only woke up once for bathroom :) Hows everyone else feeling today? Xx

I woke so many times to pee that I lost count! At least 5 times, but I was also the most comfortable I've been in weeks :shrug: :haha: I will take the comfort

I had two very strong menstrual cramps during dinner last night, enough to make me GASP! in front of everyone (a bit embarrassing), but they went after a few minutes. No accompanied by bh, and definitely not by real contractions.

Sadly DD still wakes a couple of times a night (and I have to pee too) so I can't remember the last time I got more than 5 hours sleep straight :(

I find the period pains are mostly in the eves - but if I walk any sort of distance the BHs and period pains really start to ramp up... I'll be gutted if I have another 5 weeks of this!!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->